Favorite Steak Rubs

longhornval

I mix up a cocoa coffee salt.  A whole batch is I/2 cup fine sea salt, I heaping tbs cocoa powder and 1 heaping tbs fine ground coffee or espresso ( is use on k cup of whatever I have) The batch will last a long time. I just sprinkle it liberally on both sides of the steak and sear it.  My husband HATES coffee in any form but once he tasted steak with this he will not eat it any other way. He no longer uses steak sauce and will not eat steak in a restaurant.  It does not taste like coffee or chocolate. Somehow it just enhances the "meat" flavor

3 hours ago, longhornval said:

What are your favorite steak rubs? I tried the rub in this link and it was delish!

I used NY Strip steaks, let them come rest at room temperature in plastic wrap coated in the rub for 30 minutes, and the grilled on the stovetop. What rubs do you like?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/16607092359035436/

I love the spice blends from Primal Palate. For steaks and chops my favorite is their Barbecue Rub but their Meat & Potatoes seasoning and Steak Seasoning are also good. These blends are great for me In a one-person household as I use them up without having a bunch of spices getting old. 

Archived