Buddha belly not hungry

This is day 23 for me.  For the past 3-4 days, nothing has sounded appetizing.  Just the thought of making food makes my stomach threaten to pack up it's little stomach bags and leave.  I have eaten daily, just not near as much as I should be.  When I do get myself to make meals, it takes me 2-3 attempts to eat all of it (no offense Kelly, you're a really good cook!  Thanks, Kelly :) ).  Yesterday I made breakfast and dinner and ate 6 times (just eating those two meals).  I was mildly hungry all day, but all it takes to ruin my appetite is to make or think about making food.  I don't even have cravings for other, more addicting foods (sub sammiches, ice cream and Coke anyone?), they seem just as unappetizing as the Whole30 approved foods.  

To be fair, this is something that happens to me on occasion.  I will go 2-7 days without having an appetite, the thought of food will make me feel like having my stomach permanently removed.  I was hoping that it was somehow related to my diet, seeing as my doctor was wholly unconcerned about it being an actual health issue and just suggested I keep those shakes that have all the vitamins/minerals in them on hand, and that Whole30 would help me get over that.  It's kinda hard to keep a regular diet going when for up to a week I'm not hungry and then when my appetite comes back I wish I had 3 stomachs because I can't eat enough!  I think this is one of the bigger issues that keeps me so fluffy.  

I haven't been sticking strictly to the Whole30.  You're supposed to always eat protein, veggies, and a healthy fat.  Sometimes all I can get myself to eat is part of a banana or 5-6 nuts, so it's very difficult to make each "meal" (I use quotes because my stomach doesn't even want me to imagine eating a real meal right now) compliant.  This is stressing me out!

Curse you vile stomach!  I'm just trying to give you the very best nutrition I can and you don't even want my mouth to enjoy it! 

IF anything off Whole30 sounded even remotely appetizing, I would eat it right now, just to jump start my appetite again!

Just as a side note, I've seen others who complain of appetite issues being told to just eat.   To force themselves to eat.   That won't work with me.  When I force myself, I vomit.  Often, when I feel like this, when I try to eat anything, after a bite or two, I cannot get myself to chew or swallow more without feeling the urge to throw up.  So I tend to just shove a mouthful of food in and wash it down with a gulp of tea (caffeine free!).  This usually makes me feel worse, but at least I'm eating, right?  :rolleyes:

• Moderators
On 6/8/2017 at 8:13 AM, frogmedic said:

Just as a side note, I've seen others who complain of appetite issues being told to just eat.   To force themselves to eat.   That won't work with me.  When I force myself, I vomit.  Often, when I feel like this, when I try to eat anything, after a bite or two, I cannot get myself to chew or swallow more without feeling the urge to throw up.  So I tend to just shove a mouthful of food in and wash it down with a gulp of tea (caffeine free!).  This usually makes me feel worse, but at least I'm eating, right?  :rolleyes:

This sounds like something more medical than just not wanting to eat Whole30 food... especially if it happens reasonably frequently... I agree with Laura, go see another doctor because this is not normal and also not related to Whole30... 

What you're describing is very similar to what my relatives with WLS are living with. Chronic IBS and unable to keep their food down. It's a real struggle.   I hope you can find a good gastro doctor who can help you with these food difficulties. It's patently unfair.

Archived