Air Frying

I have an air fryer and love it!  It's so easy to use and it makes cooking things like veggies so easy and fast, especially since you can just pull the basket out and shake it as needed (easier than opening the oven to mix veggies on a baking sheet).  Cooks meats easily too.

6 hours ago, angiej936 said:

I have an air fryer and love it!  It's so easy to use and it makes cooking things like veggies so easy and fast, especially since you can just pull the basket out and shake it as needed (easier than opening the oven to mix veggies on a baking sheet).  Cooks meats easily too.

Hmmm would that mean I can technically make sweet potato wedges in it and will it be frie ish or is that not being compliant 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, eggums86 said:

Hmmm would that mean I can technically make sweet potato wedges in it and will it be frie ish or is that not being compliant 

It would be like slicing the sweet potatoes up and roasting them, which is fine.

With anything, do use some common sense. If the only vegetables you ever ate prior to whole30 were fries, or you try this and find yourself craving these fries all the time, they might not be your best option. But to have them occasionally in the context of a template-based meal, while having a variety of vegetables in general, is fine.

We can't confuse a cooking apparatus with compliant food.  I could use it for popcorn and jalapeno cheese poppers and  fried snickers bars, too. I could use my immersion blender for whipped cream and instant puddings.  I choose by an act of my will...not to. :rolleyes:

Archived