Flu shot??

TrayS

Well, I had to do it....get the flu shot.  Yep, it is required - that is, if I want to keep my job.  I took  a few weeks to think about it and come to terms with it so the bitterness would not build when I did have it done.  I took a deep breath, emailed our Infection Preventionist and told her I was ready (even though I was not). My concern is not at all that I would 'get sick from the flu shot', but that I don't want this damn foreign substance in my body, and I just can't believe I am being told that I have to.  It is mind boggling to me that I am as passionate as I am about my health, yet I happen to work for a health system that requires this.  I realize this is not nothing "new" to some folks (working in certain fields), but this literally went against everything I believe in regarding my health and what I do to take care of myself.  Even though I took some time to "come to terms with this", I can't help but feel some bitterness about the situation.  Oh well, moving onward!  

Well, I had to do it....get the flu shot.  Yep, it is required - that is, if I want to keep my job.  I took  a few weeks to think about it and come to terms with it so the bitterness would not build when I did have it done.  I took a deep breath, emailed our Infection Preventionist and told her I was ready (even though I was not). My concern is not at all that I would 'get sick from the flu shot', but that I don't want this damn foreign substance in my body, and I just can't believe I am being told that I have to.  It is mind boggling to me that I am as passionate as I am about my health, yet I happen to work for a health system that requires this.  I realize this is not nothing "new" to some folks (working in certain fields), but this literally went against everything I believe in regarding my health and what I do to take care of myself.  Even though I took some time to "come to terms with this", I can't help but feel some bitterness about the situation.  Oh well, moving onward!  

*HUGGLES*  

Archived