Jump to content

Constant headaches


Recommended Posts

I have done multiple rounds and I am currently on day 12 of another. I don't regularly get headaches, but will occasionally get something that feels like a sinus headache. This round, however, I have had a constant, nagging headache. It is starting to drag my energy level down and make me feel very worn out and grumpy. Is there anything I can do to help? I have been trying to drink lots of liquids. I am not perfect as far as eating compliant meals, but here is what a normal day looks like:

B: chicken apple sausage, carrots, coffee with collagen and almond milk creamer

L: spaghetti squash, carrot noodles, ground beef, kale, sautéed with ghee, grapes

sometimes, I snack on almonds and raisins. On days I am doing better about prepping food, I eat a mini meal instead, like tuna with homemade tuna with pickles, almonds on top and some baby carrots

D: turkey burger with homemade mayo, Frank's hot sauce, broccoli with coconut aminos and grilled red potatoes in ghee

Is there something I'm missing that may be causing a dull headache around my eyes?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

have you tried taking a Sinutab or something?  Food can't always fix everything and if you have a low grade sinus infection or even just clogged sinuses, you'll need to take something.

I will comment on your meals tho since we're here :)

Did you eat approximately 1-3 cups of carrots?  That's how much veggies per meal we want you to aim for.  How many sausages?  Don't forget the template, you want to match the protein choice to the width/length/thickness of your palm and then eat 1-2 servings of that.  You're short on fat unless your almond milk creamer was 1/4-1/2 cup, which I doubt it was.

Hard to tell quantities with lunch, so I'd ask the same thing.  I would also suggest adding another fat source, often when we cook in fat, it stays in the pan or is split between portions so you're short on fat.

The fact you're snacking/mini mealing at all tells me that you're not eating enough at your meals.  Remember the goal is 4-5 hours betweem meals... if you have to eat between until you get that down, do the mini meal which serves you miles better than fruit and nuts or dried fruit or nut butter on it's own.

My conclusion is, you should take a headache remedy of your choice, drink lots of water as you are and increase your meal sizes.  The template is linked in my signature below if you need a refresher :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you! I definitely have been struggling with eating big enough meals. In the morning is when I especially need to increase the serving size. When I used to add avocado to meals, I would be more satiated. They just don't seem to be tasty or affordable though. I'll keep working on it! Thank you for your response. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

have you tried taking a Sinutab or something?  Food can't always fix everything and if you have a low grade sinus infection or even just clogged sinuses, you'll need to take something.

I will comment on your meals tho since we're here :)

Did you eat approximately 1-3 cups of carrots?  That's how much veggies per meal we want you to aim for.  How many sausages?  Don't forget the template, you want to match the protein choice to the width/length/thickness of your palm and then eat 1-2 servings of that.  You're short on fat unless your almond milk creamer was 1/4-1/2 cup, which I doubt it was.

Hard to tell quantities with lunch, so I'd ask the same thing.  I would also suggest adding another fat source, often when we cook in fat, it stays in the pan or is split between portions so you're short on fat.

The fact you're snacking/mini mealing at all tells me that you're not eating enough at your meals.  Remember the goal is 4-5 hours betweem meals... if you have to eat between until you get that down, do the mini meal which serves you miles better than fruit and nuts or dried fruit or nut butter on it's own.

My conclusion is, you should take a headache remedy of your choice, drink lots of water as you are and increase your meal sizes.  The template is linked in my signature below if you need a refresher :)

I am working on a better breakfast. Here is what I had today:

turkey burger with homemade mayo and frank's, and a pickle on it

cubed red potatoes cooked in avocado oil 

green beans also cooked in avocado oil

coffee, nutpod creamer, collagen

this is better, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Getotterhere said:

I am working on a better breakfast. Here is what I had today:

turkey burger with homemade mayo and frank's, and a pickle on it

cubed red potatoes cooked in avocado oil 

green beans also cooked in avocado oil

coffee, nutpod creamer, collagen

this is better, right?

YES!!  That sounds wonderful!  How did it make you feel?  Monitor yourself at 2 hours, 4 hours etc... and see if it helps you stay full and satisfied :)  How's the headache?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SugarcubeOD said:

YES!!  That sounds wonderful!  How did it make you feel?  Monitor yourself at 2 hours, 4 hours etc... and see if it helps you stay full and satisfied :)  How's the headache?

So much more satisfied! I know these rules, but I think I go along in my hustle of a day and start cheating myself. Then all the sudden, I'm starving in the afternoon :D My headache is feeling a lot more like a sinus headache and the weather has been going back and forth between hot and sticky/rainy. Making sure I do my neti pot every morning, and had to take a pain reliever today. I always feel like I shouldn't when I'm on a 30, but I think I need to!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Getotterhere said:

So much more satisfied! I know these rules, but I think I go along in my hustle of a day and start cheating myself. Then all the sudden, I'm starving in the afternoon :D My headache is feeling a lot more like a sinus headache and the weather has been going back and forth between hot and sticky/rainy. Making sure I do my neti pot every morning, and had to take a pain reliever today. I always feel like I shouldn't when I'm on a 30, but I think I need to!

Yep, that's basically what happens to a lot of people... the template becomes blurry in our heads and we think we're matching up but on further look, we've slipped... it's totally okay and you did great taking the feedback and making changes.

Good for you for taking the pain meds... food can't fix a weather induced headache, and we don't expect you to suffer or be miserable... and sinus headaches can last for daaaaays if you don't treat them so good on you! If the advil or whatever didn't work, try a decongestant :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...