Whole 30 Reset starting June 12

Jmb369

I have done two complete Whole 30s and two partial ones, spread out over about 18 months. My food choices (and my health and sense of well being) are much improved. I have done the complete reintroduction twice, and I have flirted with Food Freedom Forever in between. I say flirted because when I try to introduce a food as a "treat," too often it becomes a staple. I just completed 10 days of a Whole 30, but slipped today. Details are unnecessary, but suffice it to say, I would like to use the momentum I gained over the past 10 days to propel me nonstop through a Whole 30. And I'd like to eventually live the FFF way!

Whether you just completed a Whole 30, or failed to complete a Whole 30, or completed one a few years ago, I hope this will be a good place to share our victories and our challenges. I realize this might not be a good time for some people -- weddings, backyard BBQs, vacations and 4th of July picnics come to mind. But this is life. Is there a perfect time? Nope, but if it's an okay time, and you are ready to begin again on Monday, June 12, let's do it. 

Heya @Jmb369.  I'm on Day 8 now but I thought I'd pop in for the support if ya don't mind!  I found myself thinking about giving in today, but I stayed strong.  My Whole30 will end on July 3rd.  I thought for a moment how glad I was I could eat a few things for the 4th of July, but then remembered I'll be doing reintroductions, so hot dogs will be a no go haha.  That's awesome that you've completed 2 of these in the past, just hearing that really gives me a little boost to keep going!

Best of luck to you on your first day tomorrow!

@Fallen_Leaf I think Day 8 can be a challenge for many of us. The newness is wearing off and three weeks seems long. soon you will be at the halfway point and then it will be easier to keep going than to start all over again! By the way, one of my favorite picnic and BBQ foods is potato salad made with cauliflower. I use an old BH&G potato salad recipe which was a staple in our family for umpteen years. I first made it with cauliflower a couple of years ago, and now that's the one the entire family wants -- all three generations! If you take that and have a hamburger, I guarantee you won't feel deprived. Depending upon where you live, if corn on the cob is in season, you might consider making that your first re-introduction food. The other seasonal treat is making a mix of blueberries, strawberries and raspberries for dessert. Keep going. Glad you stopped by.

@jpags99 thanks for stopping by here. I posted on your original thread earlier. I'll keep a lookout for the new one later this week. Right now 30 days on top of the 10 1/2 I completed seems like a lot, but I know I will feel better. I created a mantra for June and I am making a mini poster to keep me inspired. My mantra? "HAPPY, HEALTHY ENERGETIC."

Today's challenge is detoxing from yesterday's indiscretion, which was 4 homemade stone ground corn tortillas. So today is all about drinking water, doing some exercise, and eating tons of protein and vegetables!

Well, it's Day 3 of my restart, and so far, so good. I felt a little bloated Monday, but I think it was just a blip -- probably as much from overeating one Sunday as from eating the corn tortillas. So I'm off on my new Whole 30, but with what feels like a head start because I had 10 days under my belt. DH is trying to lose some weight and likes to do that by eating low carb, so that dovetails nicely with my Whole 30. It's a little expensive because we are both putting away a lot of high quality protein and organic vegetables, but we have already learned that healthy eating cuts our medical bills!

This morning I did my menu plan through the weekend. That kind of planning helps me to stay on track. Sometimes I switch meals around, but at least I have a framework. And I am learning to cook our main meal at noon, or prepare either the main dish or a vegetable in the morning. That way I don't have to do a lot of cooking when I'm tired, hot, and hungry at 5:00. I'm also learning to stay out of the kitchen between 3 and 5:30. 

@iteach reminded me how important it is to drink water, drink water, drink water. I'm working on getting above 64 ounces. somewhere I read that we need 1/2 oz per pound of body weight. That puts me close to 90 ounces a day.

All in all, I am okay with starting over again. It will be tough, however, on June 30, when my Whole 30 comrades who started on June 1are finished and moving onto the reintroduction phase. Oh well, that's more than two weeks away. For now, I need to concentrate on today and tomorrow.

Jumping into the frey as I discovered this thread. I just finished Day 4 of the W30 reset. It's hard to resist work/snack treats - but I've managed two days in a row to skip out.

I finished my first whole30 this Spring and this time around it's been a little easier knowing what to expect.

Good luck all. :)

@clawdawg Welcome to our little group here. I am officially on Day Six this time around. I am doing well with the food, drink and sleep...not so good with exercise, sunshine and meditation!

It's hot where I live, and we are all complaining because by mid-June we should be having thunderstorms 3-5 times a week, which cools us down overnight. And this year, that has not been the case. 

Work/snack/treats can be challenging. I am now a retiree, so that's not an issue for me. When I was working, we had people who liked to bake, and who often bought homemade goodies. I was doing Weight Watchers at the time, and managed to survive by always packing a healthy snack. Also, a group of us always did the NYT crossword puzzle together, so that helped. One of my colleagues brought her knitting to the break room. She was always working on baby bootees, argyle socks, etc. You will find a way to stick to your Whole 30 AND socialize.

And congratulations on completing your first Whole 30!

Archived