Day 20 and SO tired

Sarnaq

I'm on day 20 and I don't feel good. I've been constipated this whole time. I'm taking enzymes with meals and a magnesium cleansing vitamin at night. It's not really helping. I'm bloated and uncomfortable. Not sure what else I should do. I'm drinking tons of water. I even added back in a coffee thinking that might help. 

Im also burping a lot. I've always had troubles with this. Drs just look at me sideways when I ask about it. I was hoping changing my diet would help. I seemed better at first but now it's back to being annoying. I literally have a burp button above my belly button. 

Im also extremely tired. It's hard to get through the day. I'm getting good sleep at night but I can barely get myself out of bed. I'm hitting a terrible afternoon slump. I just want to sleep. 

Ill list what I've been eating. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've tried to follow the meal template as best I can 

breakfast is always the same:  two scrambled eggs with onion, mushroom, and green pepper, topped with hot sauce. A cup of cantaloupe or grapes and coffee with 2 tbsp coconut milk and tsp cocoa powder

lunch is one of two options. 1.  Romaine with BBQ chicken marinated in coconut aminos or whole30 approved chicken kubasa, topped with vinaigrette or homemade ranch. Cup of raw carrots, cup of sugar snap peas, 1-2 tbsp sunshine dip. Or 2.  Whole 30 approved beef sticks, 1 cups carrots, 1 cup sugar snap peas and 2 tbsp dip

dinner varies. Some examples

whole 30 classic chilli,2 cups roasted cauliflower with mustard vinaigrette, closed handful of cashews

bbq chicken or steak, BBQ vegetables (onions, mushrooms, zucchini, peppers) marinated in vinegar and oil, handful of cashews or half an avocado

fajita chicken with veggies (onion,mushroom,peppers) with guacamole

roasted spaghetti squash with meat sauce, roasted broccoli with vinegar and oil, handful of cashews

with dinner I always add a cup of fruit (pineapple,cantaloupe, grapes, strawberries)

my meat portions are a palm to palm and a half.  I drink big glasses of water all day long.

is there anything I should be doing differently?  I just want to feel better  

thanks

Now I'm even more confused. I have terrible diarrhea. Sorry for the tmi. This is the third time this has happened. My first whole 30 attempt I made it to day 15. I started over the next day and now I'm at day 20 with no cheating. After I get diarrhea i won't go again for days. 

• Moderators

How does what you're eating now compare to how you ate before Whole30? Is there something you eat on Whole30 that you don't eat when you're not, or something you eat significantly more of on Whole30 than when you're not? It's possible that there's something that's okay to eat on Whole30 that just doesn't agree with you.

No one here is a doctor, so if you're really concerned about something, you definitely should consult a medical professional. 

Nuts and raw vegetables can both cause gas and bloating and other digestive issues, as can cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, or kale, whether they're cooked or not. You might try cutting out the nuts, finding different vegetables, and cooking all your vegetables for a while and see if that helps. If it does, that doesn't mean you can't ever have these things again, it just means you may need to not have them every day or in the same quantities you've been having them.

Thanks for getting back to me. I will try some different veggies and less raw. I'm eating completely differently. I've yoyo dieted for 8 years. Gaining and losing 25 pounds 3 times. I'm heavier now. Over the last three years I've tried to cut dairy but I wasn't eating meat so it was hard. I was vegetarian for 6 years, but I've been eating meat for over a year now. I never ate veggies or fat. So basically everything in my diet is new. I've lived on cookies, candy bars, lattes and pepsis. I know it will take time to clean out my system. I've cleansed before but never done a healthy reset. I'll try your suggestions and give my body more time to get used to a healthy lifestyle  

Thanks a bunch

Archived