For my own sanity...

neylonas

I figure it is a good idea to post what I eat somewhere other than in a notebook at my house...

Day 1-

Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled with red pepper and onion

Lunch- leftover baby back ribs (no sauce) and large salad with homemade vinaigrette

Snack- 2 strawberries, 10 almonds

Dinner- Spaghetti squash with homemade (grass-fed) meat sauce, large salad

Tons of water..

I missed my nightly glass of wine, but I will survive. It was also my first day with no coffee in a long time and I feel pretty good!

Thanks!

Day 2:

Breakfast- 2 eggs with onions and peppers

Lunch- leftovers- spaghetti squash with meat sauce

Snacks: 2 strawberries, 15 almonds, small salad with homemade vinaigrette

Dinner: Almond crusted chicken, large mixed green salad.

Feeling good...missing my gum though. I think it is a habit worth breaking, but not easy! As far as everything else, I feel pretty good. Taking it day by day and reading everybody else's posts and logs helps with the inspiration part!

Day 3-

Breakfast- eggs with peppers and onions (changing this for day 4)

Lunch- Left over almond crusted chicken with big green salad, balsamic vinagrette

Snack- apple with almond butter

Dinner- 1/2 cup sweet potato, almond crusted chicken (I seem to eat this a lot- easy to make and delicious so I don't get sick of it)

I had a ton of water- something like 6 liters. I feel really good in general...Cravings at this point are definitely more mental than physical, but I have done okay without caffeine which was a big fear of mine. I decided to cut out coffee all together for 30 days because I was up to 3 cups a day, feeling lethargic and "crashing" every afternoon. As I get closer to the weekend I am nervous about temptation (alcohol mostly), but am committed to doing this!!

I know what you mean about the afternoon crashes. Mine were so bad I use to leave work and take a nap in the car.

Not sure if it will work, but try changing your snack from fruit to protein. i.e. deli slices and avocado or jerky.

Or, try eating lunch just a little bit later and ensure it contains plenty of fat and protein. Hopefully, eating large enough portions at breakfast and lunch will sustain you so that you don't even need a snack.

Just some ideas…this is what worked for me. I no longer have crashes or even need to snack.

Hope this helps.

Oh' and here is a really good post about weekends: http://whole9life.com/2010/05/w30-motivation/

Day 4-

I am writing this now because I am having a major chocolate craving and browsing the forums to get my mind off of it!

Breakfast- 2 turkey sausage links, 1/2 sweet potato

Lunch- almond crusted chicken, large salad with homemade vinaigrette

Dinner- Flank steak, broccoli slaw

Again, tons of water. Feeling awesome, but am definitely fighting the mental cravings. Posting everyday is keeping me accountable and I am excited to see how far I come!

@ Carie-Thanks for your tips- my crashes were prior to starting (I think from too much a.m. caffeine), but so far I have been pretty good with this plan. I should probably opt for a protein snack...

That link is perfect- just what I needed to read!

Day 5

Breakfast- 2 turkey sausages, 1/2 sweet potato

Lunch- Flank steak, broccoli slaw

Dinner- hamburger, large salad, 5 strawberries

I feel fine, but it is Friday so I am fighting the alcohol "craving" in a big way. Much of our social life is built around cocktails with friends, etc. My husband is sipping on his beer and I am a bit jealous!

Neylonas... you're doing GREAT!... I went for happy hour with friends tonight.. .i had unsweetened tea... they had margaritas and wine and chips and salsa and pizza and shrimp cargot... uhhhh did I mention I had tea?? LOL but I didn't cheat.. not one bit.. so we can do this! Oh! I bought some spaghetti squash and I'm going to make it tomorrow..

Archived