Severe bloating with seasonal allergies

I am not doing a Whole30 right now, but this is something I have experienced whether I am or not. Every summer, around this time, it seems, my weight starts to climb quite a bit for no apparent reason, other than that my seasonal allergies have kicked in. The bloating is worse than when I am on my period and nothing I do alleviates it. 

Has anyone experienced this? The only thing I can attribute it to is allergies given that it always seems to happen around the same time every year. Has anyone found any relief? 

• Moderators
On June 15, 2017 at 5:11 AM, bookworm05 said:

I am not doing a Whole30 right now, but this is something I have experienced whether I am or not. Every summer, around this time, it seems, my weight starts to climb quite a bit for no apparent reason, other than that my seasonal allergies have kicked in. The bloating is worse than when I am on my period and nothing I do alleviates it. 

Has anyone experienced this? The only thing I can attribute it to is allergies given that it always seems to happen around the same time every year. Has anyone found any relief? 

This is a bit outside the scope of this forum, I"m sorry to say.  My suggestion would be to speak to your doctor about it, maybe google the side effects of whatever seasonal allergy med you take... do some research on allergy boards etc... 

If you were doing a Whole30, we would ask you what you've been eating and drinking etc... but since you're not, we can't give advice on what you're eating if there are any items that are off plan.

Archived