Started November 1-Day 3

Boudyboo

Things are going ok. I have been eating eggs in the morning with some fresh spinach thrown in. I sprinkle cinnamon on my black coffee.

I have been eating a lot more fruits and veg.

I took a small baggie of cashews to the movies yesterday and felt ok about it. Movie was Wreck-it Ralph and there is a big candy theme so that was tough.

I feel ok but went for a six mile run this morning and hit a wall at mile 2. Walked/jogged my way back. I am used to having a GU on a long run but of course did not use it today. Substitutes?

I am going to take it easy with running as my body gets used to things.

My one concern is Thanksgiving day. I am running a 10k on turkey day morning. For dinner, I am just planning on eating turkey and yams that day. My kids will be disappointed if there is no pumpkin pie. Can I bake it without eating it? I think I can.

Things are going ok. I have been eating eggs in the morning with some fresh spinach thrown in. I sprinkle cinnamon on my black coffee.

I have been eating a lot more fruits and veg.

I took a small baggie of cashews to the movies yesterday and felt ok about it. Movie was Wreck-it Ralph and there is a big candy theme so that was tough.

I feel ok but went for a six mile run this morning and hit a wall at mile 2. Walked/jogged my way back. I am used to having a GU on a long run but of course did not use it today. Substitutes?

I am going to take it easy with running as my body gets used to things.

My one concern is Thanksgiving day. I am running a 10k on turkey day morning. For dinner, I am just planning on eating turkey and yams that day. My kids will be disappointed if there is no pumpkin pie. Can I bake it without eating it? I think I can.

If you are having eggs with some spinach for breakfast and then running 6 miles you are not having enough carbs or fat beforehand, most likely. I would add a sweet potato with some coconut oil/ghee to your breakfast on days you plan on running :)

• Moderators

It can take weeks to adjust to a Whole30 type diet, so your running may be compromised for a few weeks. Being sure to eat carbs everyday may help, but things may still be rough for a while.

Some runners carry jars of baby food for on the go food. You could also run with mashed sweet potato in a baggy. I used to do well with a banana on long runs, but I understand that bananas are not as effective as sweet potato or butternut squash at getting your energy up.

Archived