Trouble sleeping

Are you sure this is diet related?  There isn't much information given, including when and what you ate, but maybe you are stressed by something including your new eating habits.  As in, it might not have anything to do with not eating sugar ..etc.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Britney0612 said:

Pre whole30 I slept great. I could fall asleep easily. I'm on day 11 now and the past three nights it's taken me forever to fall asleep. I just toss and turn. When I do fall asleep, I sleep like a rock, even through my alarm. any adive? 

As the previous poster has said, you have not provided any information for us to give advice on.  Do you use good sleep hygiene practices (if you're not sure what this means, a quick google will help).  Are you eating within an hour of waking in the am? Do you eat three template meals a day?  Are you stressed? Do you workout?  See how many things could be contributing?

If you would like directed advice, please list out some relevant info such as the items above including what you've been eating for the last two or three days including specific veggies, protein, fat, fruits, water intake, supplements, workouts etc.

Sorry, first time posting. I haven't been working out. I don't use technology for about a hr before bedtime. Little stressed, but my mind doesn't seem to be wondering. I eat breakfast within a hr of waking up. I follow the meal template. Yesterday I ate: 

breakfast- spaghetti squash with tomatoes sauce and hamburger. Half of a banana with some sunflower butter 

lunch- lettuce salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, radish, carrot with dump ranch and a grilled chicken thigh. 

Dinner- hash browns with 2 eggs, peppers, asapargus, onions, mushrooms, pico and half of a avocado

so far today I have had

breakfast- egg bake with kale, mushrooms, peppers, onions, turkey sausage with guacamole

lunch- lettuce salads with the same veggies as yesterday plus cabbage, a turkey burger, hot sauce, and dump ranch  

• Moderators

I don't think you're eating enough, honestly.  Did you eat 3 cups of spagetti squash?  FILL your plate with veggies is generally considered about 3 cups.  One chicken thight, unless it was actually from a pterodactyl would not be sufficient.  Eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping... for most people that starts at 3-4.  If you don't want to eat that many eggs, then add some other protein like leftover meat or maybe that hamburger and tomato sauce.

Today's meal is hard to tell because I don't know how much 'egg bake' you ate, how many eggs it was made with etc... 

So I would say eat more and see if that helps, make sure you're not skimping on any of the macros (protein, fat, veggies) and otherwise maybe take a magnesium supplement (unflavored natural calm is the recommendation here), but sometimes when our hormones rebalance, it can cause weird side effects like trouble sleeping.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Britney0612 said:

Would you suggest eating more even if I'm not hungry between meals?

If you're able to consistently go 4-5 hours between meals WITHOUT snacking or feeling hangry or headachy or any other negative symptom then maybe not but be honest with yourself... if your energy is consistently low or you always want to snack (like for hunger, not boredom), then yes, you should eat more.

Archived