Day 27, compliant the whole time. I am wondering the importance of 3 meals.

I feel fantastic, I have always listened to my body and ate when I was hungry. Albeit not the right stuff in the past, but now I am finding it hard to eat on a timeline of 3 meals a day. I have been very conscious of WHAT I eat. I am finding myself having a little something in the morning, (all 3 components, vegetable, protein fat, just a small amount to get me going around 7am. I need to force myself to eat this so early)  Around 10am I am ready for the second part of my breakfast, then lunch around 2pm and dinner around 6. 

My question, is it ok to split up the breakfast portion into 2 servings staggered? Or am I missing some other point. 

Loving how I feel and the energy by the way. 

• Moderators

Yes, it's 'okay' in the sense that you're still on a Whole30, but the reason you don't want to eat in the am is probably due to your hormone levels (cortison/leptin) being out of whack... the way to get it back IN whack is to eat a full template meal within an hour of waking... doing as you're doing to help you get there is totally fine and generally close to what we recommend... Try eating from the breakfast as soon as you feel able to keep it down, dont wait for hunger... this should bring that 10am time closer and closer to the 7am time until you're eating a full meal.

The importance of 3 meals a day, just to answer the question posed in the title, is that's how you become fat adapted, it lets your digestive system rest between meals like it was designed to do (your ancestors did NOT graze all day... not saying YOU do, but in case anyone else reads this).  Keep working towards that full first meal and then you'll probably need to move up your second meal to 12-1ish... if you end up having a long time between meals (more than 5 hours), then you can add in a mini meal of at least protein and fat (hardboiled egg and mayo, chicken salad etc) to get you to your next meal (we usually recommend people do that between lunch and dinner if they have a dinner time with family of 6 or 7ish and can't move it.)

Archived