PMT/PMS headache for DAYS

Shawnni

HI all,

Traditionally, in the last 5 years, I have had an extreme headache (forehead & right temple only) for about a week before my period.  I've tried several things mainly water but even drinking 3+ltrs a day or half that the headache still hangs on.  

My Mum always described them as a "hormonal" headache.  I'm not sure how much of that is true.  I currently take 1000mg of magnesium & Vit D3.  I also take Vit B12, K2, and Folonic Acid. My bloods are all within normal range (according to main stream medicine).

I'm wondering if anyone else has similar headaches and what kind of things has helped you in clearing the headaches away. 

I'm 17 days into a Whole 30 and my cycle is due in about 8 days.  

• Moderators

Yes, they can be called hormonal headache or menstrual headache and they're very common.  Do some google research on them... the Whole30 way of eating 'may' help them... it's possible it will take longer than 30 days to help if this way of eating is going to resolve them... for some people it works, for some people it doesn't... the Whole30 doesn't cure everything.

Speak to your doctor about an effective painkiller for these times, you don't deserve to suffer.

Just now, SugarcubeOD said:

Yes, they can be called hormonal headache or menstrual headache and they're very common.  Do some google research on them... the Whole30 way of eating 'may' help them... it's possible it will take longer than 30 days to help if this way of eating is going to resolve them... for some people it works, for some people it doesn't... the Whole30 doesn't cure everything.

Speak to your doctor about an effective painkiller for these times, you don't deserve to suffer.

Thanks, @SugarcubeOD I took 2000mg of acetaminophen over the course of 12 hours yesterday and it barely curbed the pain at all.  You know I was scared to pieces that the medicine wasn't compliant with my W30 but I decided even slight pain relief and a bit of sleep was worth the fear of it all. 

I'm off to do some googling.  Thanks. <3 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Shawnni said:

Thanks, @SugarcubeOD I took 2000mg of acetaminophen over the course of 12 hours yesterday and it barely curbed the pain at all.  You know I was scared to pieces that the medicine wasn't compliant with my W30 but I decided even slight pain relief and a bit of sleep was worth the fear of it all. 

I'm off to do some googling.  Thanks. <3 

You could try sinutab (or similar) just to see... sometimes that will help as it will decongest your sinus system which could provide relief... I would sincerely talk to your doctor tho because even if Whole30 style eating helps in two or three months, that's two or three months that you have to suffer... yuck!

Archived