Frustrated

JinTx

Let me start by saying that this post is going to have wash too much info about my bm's. So if that grosses you out stop reading.

Today is day 21 of my whole 30. I began to notice improvements in my skin on day 2 and improvements with my BMs around that same time as well.

Prior to w30 I had lots of diarrhea and stomach cramping. I always thought it was just normal for me. But once I began researching paleo I realized--this isn't normal.

So my w30 was to transition me into a paleo lifestyle. I was surprised, thrilled, excited, etc when I quickly noticed improvements with my BMs.

Problem is, on day 10 I ate out and felt sick about 30 min afterwards. I thought I ordered safely but after further research discovered that the seasoning on the steak (which I only ate half of) contained gluten. Ever since then my BMs are back to horrible. I had stomach pains for about the first 2 days after I ate it but not anymore. Now it's just every time I go its diahhrea.

I don't understand how I could have seen improvements so quickly then had a tiny infraction on day 10 that I am still paying the price for on day 21!

I will be extending my w30 because it is obvious my body needs more time to heal, however on thanksgiving I will have a slice of paleo pumpkin pie which I will make.

I am just frustrated and confused.

J

Sorry to hear you got sick. I'm not a doctor, but it sounds to me like you may have celiac disease. I have this as well. The smallest amount of gluten can cause a tremendous amount of agony that can last a long time. Some people experience problems shortly after consuming gluten, and others experience it a day or 2 later. Perhaps you could ask your doctor to run a celiac panel on you. You'd want to do this sooner rather than later since you are eliminating gluten from your diet, your body will heal and then the test results will show that you don't have celiac. Another word of caution...it is possible to have celiac and not have it show up in your bloodwork until you are very, very sick. The other option is to just say no to all gluten containing products forever. Best wishes to you!!!

Archived