How much is too much - fruits & fats

Hello all, I'm at the end of day 4. Finally feeling good, no more headache, fogginess or dizziness. However I'm concerned that I'm eating too much fat. Lots of cooking with ghee, avocado with every meal, and at least 2 fruits a day. How much is too much?

• Moderators

If you're eating template-based meals, including one or two servings of fat in addition to what you cook with in each meal, you're unlikely to eat too much fat. The real test is that you should be able to comfortably go 4-5 hours between meals before getting hungry. If you're getting hungry before then, your meals are probably too small, and if you're going 6 or more hours before you even think about food, you may be having too much fat.

As for fruit, the recommendation is for up to two fist-sized servings a day, with meals, not on its own. In the summer, when there's a wide variety of fruits available and at their peak of ripeness, you may find yourself eating more, and that's okay, just be sure you're still eating protein, fat, and vegetables as well. 

Archived