Day 20 - Good stuff happening.

Kara Thompson

My husband and I are on Day 20 of our Whole30. I am starting to see and feel changes that are both physical and emotional. I have had a tough time managing stress over the last several years, and finally feel like I have my feet under me for the first time in a LONG time. I also love talking about this program. Initially, I thought this way of eating would be really difficult to pull off, but with careful planning, it hasn't been that hard. I do miss wine, though. I also know that wine has been a BIG trigger for my snacking and a huge obstacle for my health. When this is over, I will be most grateful that I have begun to reset habits that were pretty well ingrained. I am glad to be here!

Welcome, Kara! I'm a big red wine lover as well, and I missed it during my Whole30. When it was over, I had not 1, but 2 glasses with and after dinner. The next day I felt sluggish and sleepy. I didn't drink enough to feel the effect of the alcohol, but my body reacted like I'd been on a bender. It did drive home how poisonous alcohol is to a well-functioning being. So now, it's relegated to a once-in-a-while treat, because I really didn't enjoy paying the price for it.

Archived