Committment

Syd1974

I have been reading some of the comments about this being a difficult thing to do for 30 days. I thought so too and whined about it a bit. Then I took a look at some amazing people around me and it made me think I can make this 30 days easy. I have 3 heros. One is my mom. At the age of 59, after smoking heavily for 40 years, she quit cold turkey. Seriously, she woke up one morning and stopped, never to have another cigarette!! She lived to be 93. I have 2 sons. One was a victim of a random home invasion. He was stabbed 8 times and caught his attacker (currently serving 50 years)!! My youngest son hiked the Appalachian Trail. 2,175 miles in less than 6 months!! OH, YES I CAN FINISH THE WHOLE 30 SUCCESSFULLY WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE AND NO WHINING!!! THIS IS EASY!

• 4 weeks later...

I DID IT! Well, I have 4 hours and 13 minutes to go! I am so proud of myself!!! This is the first time in the 56 years of my life that I followed through on an eating plan! I am amazed, excited, thrilled to feel as good as I do~ Thank you to my wonderful doctor for being concerned with nutrition as the source of wellbeing. My doc's receptionist, upon seeing me with the free part of Whole 30 in my hands, asked me excitedly, "Are you going to do the Whole 30?" I replied that I thought I was. She said, "It will change your life." and it has!

Today is day 31 for me. I will do another Whole 30 after the 1st of the year. I weighed myself this morning. WOOHOO!! 10 pounds gone! FOREVER!! I knew I'd lost weight. Found some jeans in the bottom of a stack that I hadn't worn comfortably for a very long time and now they fit perfectly!!!

I'm going to treat December with a bit of flexibility. I'm going to have a glass or 2 ;-) of wine this evening. That's my add back for today. I'm not going to have a glass or 2 of wine every day for the next month!! I'm going to choose the days this month when I will give myself the opportunity to eat something off plan. I'd like to lose about 30 more pounds so I will for sure keep going. Plus, I just feel better than I have in years and I didn't even realize how bad I felt until I started feeling better! So for now, the days, I'm going to add something off plan are December 22 (wine only), 24, 25 (maybe) 27, 28, 29 (most likely). Now that I see all those dates in print, I might just enjoy my club soda with lime and all the good healthy Whole 30 foods I've grown to really enjoy instead.

Thanks for your 'like' Tom Denham! Hope you and anyone else reading have a wonderful Whole 30 Day!

Archived