Recommended Posts

What is the Official view on Fat Bombs?  Coconut Oil & Almond (etc) butter & poss a bit of vanilla (not extract obviously but i have a Vanilla pod grater thingy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Emma/Baileys said:

What is the Official view on Fat Bombs?  Coconut Oil & Almond (etc) butter & poss a bit of vanilla (not extract obviously but i have a Vanilla pod grater thingy!

Not recommended.  Nuts are not your best fat source... nuts/seeds and their products are recommended to be limited (think a closed handful of almonds every other day at most).  These fat bomb thingies are extremely easy to overdo as they're quite tasty and they replicate treats... steer clear if you want the best results from your program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/07/2017 at 4:47 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

Not recommended.  Nuts are not your best fat source... nuts/seeds and their products are recommended to be limited (think a closed handful of almonds every other day at most).  These fat bomb thingies are extremely easy to overdo as they're quite tasty and they replicate treats... steer clear if you want the best results from your program.

Sugarcube - thank you i kind of thought that but just wanted the confirmation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2017 at 10:47 AM, SugarcubeOD said:

Not recommended.  Nuts are not your best fat source... nuts/seeds and their products are recommended to be limited (think a closed handful of almonds every other day at most).  

@SugarcubeODI completely agree that fat bombs seem too treat-like to be safe, but I'm confused about the above every time I see it.

A closed handful of nuts and seeds is listed as one of the fats that can be added to every meal according to the template. Is the recommendation that they really not be used as a plated fat? Or not daily? I use all the plant fats as well as seeds and animal fats (eg bacon, crisped proscuitto, crispy chicken skin).  I don't love nut butter but I do add a closed handful of pumpkin seeds to my salad daily along with olives and sometimes a couple T of guac. 

Is the limitation based on the nuts and seeds being higher in O6s or their tendency to be a gut irritant for some or their tendency to be (in butter form) a food w/no brakes for some?

Or some combo of all of the above? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, misshannah said:

@SugarcubeODI completely agree that fat bombs seem too treat-like to be safe, but I'm confused about the above every time I see it.

A closed handful of nuts and seeds is listed as one of the fats that can be added to every meal according to the template. Is the recommendation that they really not be used as a plated fat? Or not daily? I use all the plant fats as well as seeds and animal fats (eg bacon, crisped proscuitto, crispy chicken skin).  I don't love nut butter but I do add a closed handful of pumpkin seeds to my salad daily along with olives and sometimes a couple T of guac. 

Is the limitation based on the nuts and seeds being higher in O6s or their tendency to be a gut irritant for some or their tendency to be (in butter form) a food w/no brakes for some?

Or some combo of all of the above? 

Yes, you totally COULD have nuts and seeds at every meal... but the recommendation due to their Omega 3/6 ratio is to limit them.  It's also that they can be hard on the digestive system, hard to stop eating and can keep the 'snack' mentality going.

So basically the answer to your last two sentences is: Yes. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now