Starting Today July 3

kingphilopolis

Today I begin my Whole30 challenge. I'm not sure of what to expect or how it will go but ready to figure out a few things. I know I have a gluten intolerance but I suspect there is more going on. Plus, in the last 6 months I've gained 30 pounds. I feel unhealthy and am ready to change that. So tada, there's my introduction. Let's see how this goes.

Kingphilopolis, my husband and I are starting today, too. Crazy to start right before the holiday but no time like the present. We're doing it mostly for weight loss, but are hopeful to lessen aches, pains and allergies in the process. Best of luck!

Three days in and I really miss some things...

It's also really hard because my wife isn't doing it with me (she's pregnant) and today I bought her a bunch of Coke and I was craving a sugary drink or two.

I also have a latent feeling of hunger most of the time that's starting to drive me a little crazy.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, kingphilopolis said:

Three days in and I really miss some things...

It's also really hard because my wife isn't doing it with me (she's pregnant) and today I bought her a bunch of Coke and I was craving a sugary drink or two.

I also have a latent feeling of hunger most of the time that's starting to drive me a little crazy.

Latent hunger (actual hunger where you would eat steamed fish and broccoli) i an indication you're not eating enough... be sure to follow the template for all three meals... if it's just cravings/boredom/habit, then ya,it's annoying but the more you power through the less it'll happen...

Started July 3rd, so now on day 5. My appetite was difficult to control before I started whole30, & I was slowly gaining weight. Wasn't very disciplined about sweets, bread, ice cream, which I don't miss so far. Today my appetite has been incredibly well controlled. I am catiously optimistic. I don't have many lbs to lose < 10. This is much healthier than I was eating. My wife's helping with food selection & cooking. I hope she joins me. Best to everyone undertaking this way of eating.

Archived