Start Date July 5

Sister.Journey

3 hours ago, misshannah said:

Hypotheticalfox maybe you have a little extra in your food budget since you're probably not eating out or eating some of the pricier convenience foods we all usually grab? I hate to see you say it's too expensive to buy it for yourself. You're worth a little shrimp!!

I agree @Hypotheticalfox! Not to mention the fact that you are lowering your future healthcare costs by investing in taking better care of yourself!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@misshannah @Hypotheticalfox i agree! we're saving a lot of money by not eating out (at all or not nearly as much) so thats why i "splurged" on the fresh shrimp..

The baby food pouch (sweet potato, apple and spinach) and chomps stick did the trick post workout!! held me over until lunch time! 

I'm definitely feeling true to the timeline though.. i keep finding myself having thoughts that if i just use a stevia ONCE in my coffee is it really going to derail me? Or if i just have ONE bite of my daughters mac and cheese it wont make that much of a difference. Pushing through those thoughts though!!! 

I managed to transfer a large box of Goldfish into an airtight container today without having one. Major accomplishment! The funny thing is, I haven't bought Goldfish in at least 10 years because 1) they had unhealthy ingredients and 2) I couldn't trust myself around them. Well, they've 1) improved their ingredients and 2) I feel so good about my willpower on this program that I finally let my daughter have them to take to camp in her lunches. Hah!

Day 10 and time to clean out the fridge! I was feeling the urge to snack and realized I probably hadn't had a large enough breakfast. So lunch is a bed of 2 cups of baby spinach and baby kale, leftover pork carnitas, one large diced peach, one small diced avocado, splashed with apple cider vinegar and dusted with cayenne pepper. Prior to this I would never have though to combine those items in one bowl, but it is delicious! And I *think* it is a balanced meal. Maybe a little low on the veggies...

Just now, acallison said:

I managed to transfer a large box of Goldfish into an airtight container today without having one. Major accomplishment! The funny thing is, I haven't bought Goldfish in at least 10 years because 1) they had unhealthy ingredients and 2) I couldn't trust myself around them. Well, they've 1) improved their ingredients and 2) I feel so good about my willpower on this program that I finally let my daughter have them to take to camp in her lunches. Hah!

Day 10 and time to clean out the fridge! I was feeling the urge to snack and realized I probably hadn't had a large enough breakfast. So lunch is a bed of 2 cups of baby spinach and baby kale, leftover pork carnitas, one large diced peach, one small diced avocado, splashed with apple cider vinegar and dusted with cayenne pepper. Prior to this I would never have though to combine those items in one bowl, but it is delicious! And I *think* it is a balanced meal. Maybe a little low on the veggies...

Willpower Win!

Also, that lunch sounds DELICIOUS. 

I'm having a great day on Day 10. All my stomach issues seem to have resolved, I have an appetite again, food tastes delicious and my mood is lighter. Wow am I glad I got through these last three days. I really thought I was sick. I believe it probably was just my detoxing. I underrate somewhat of course, but stayed compliant. Just finished a salad with tuna from Italy in a jar that is compliant -- tuna, olive oil and sea salt and lots of veggies and an egg and oil and balsamic vinegar. Sweet fresh cherries to finish. Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. There are so many adjustments to make. Tonight my partner is treating me to a steak dinner, so steak, roasted potatoes and salad with oil and balsamic and maybe steamed veggies if they have them. Hope you are all having a great day. We are one third through!

more fireworks.2017.jpg

No pity party for me about the shrimp, please! I am in no way deprived. We just watch our budget much closer during summer because in a two teacher household, no paychecks are coming in during the summer so we're living off savings which always makes me more frugal.

Question- I'm running a 4 mile mud/ obstacle race tomorrow morning. I was planning on eating sweet potato hash with eggs for breakfast and bringing an rx bar or some almonds and a banana to keep in my car after. Does that seem right? Thoughts? It's my first one, and my sister and I signed up for it long before I decided to Whole30, so I'm still figuring things out.

12 hours ago, Hypotheticalfox said:

No pity party for me about the shrimp, please! I am in no way deprived. We just watch our budget much closer during summer because in a two teacher household, no paychecks are coming in during the summer so we're living off savings which always makes me more frugal.

Question- I'm running a 4 mile mud/ obstacle race tomorrow morning. I was planning on eating sweet potato hash with eggs for breakfast and bringing an rx bar or some almonds and a banana to keep in my car after. Does that seem right? Thoughts? It's my first one, and my sister and I signed up for it long before I decided to Whole30, so I'm still figuring things out.

through experimenting with myself and tough workouts.. i found that i dont need as much food before the workout- but that after the workout I'm RAVENOUS.. and if i dont fuel properly after my workout then I'm starving all day long- its like i can't keep up.. so i've had 2 hard boiled eggs pre workout.. and then had a meal of sweet potato/chicken etc after the workout..  if I were you- id save the sweet potato hash for after the workout with some chicken... and have some eggs and a small amount of fat before..

have so much fun!!

Ugh... day 9, 10 and 11 so far are hard. My sugar dragon has gone into over drive. I'm not sure why. I just returned from a work trip, all my food was compliant as the hotel restaurant made a big effort and I stuck to bunless burger and salad or a fish steak and salad. But I noticed a lot of salt in the food.

Could it be the salt? 

Also, weird one, today in my workout I sweated a crazy amount. No difference in my workout. 

Any input anyone? Could that be the salt too?

Really struggling with these cravings.

Thanks

Hi Lila, I'm sorry to hear about the cravings. I've not had any so far, at least not any that have really pushed me. Are you eating enough food? Now, i do eat fresh fruit at each meal so maybe that has helped me. I do not eat in-between meals because that was part of my pattern pre w30. This morning I had a three egg omelet with left over steak from dinner last night, two pieces of compliant bacon diced in, half a baked potato from dinner and onion and chives, salt and pepper. I put the omelet ontop of a plate full of fresh spinach leaves raw [they wilted nicely under the heat of the omelet taken out of the over]. To finish I had one cup of black coffee and one half a fresh grapefruit. So far no cravings at all. Hope this helps. Maybe others on our list can help. Also don't hesitate to repost your concerns on the forum's Troubleshooting log. It is moderated and they answer really quickly. Blessings for a fabulous Day 11 :)

I ran my 4 mile mud/obstacle race this morning, completed every single obstacle (including the wall which I didn't think I was going to be able to do), and feel pretty good. Unfortunately my sister stepped in a divot in the grass and broke her ankle 10 feet from the finish line.  She hobbled through the finish line though. She's a toughy.

As far as cravings go, bread and grains is a big one right now, but not too too bad. I'm hitting the mark on the timeline where I'm feeling good and am proud, but my body is telling me giving in a little won't hurt. I haven't though.

On 7/7/2017 at 9:52 AM, Sister.Journey said:

I'm totally in misshannah and alexamassie! Let's consider this our group for accountability, etc.!

fireworks over mattunick.jpg

Hi Ladies,

Day 6 here and doing great.  I used to drink coffee with cream in a.m. and diet coke throughout the day.  I gave them both up and drink infused water with lemon and basil and tea for morning.  I feel great.  Sounds like you three are doing good too.  I am really beginning to understand the program.  I went shopping at Costco and my fridge looks fabulous.  So green!  i use to eat a lot of fruit and I cut back there as well.  I think the hardest part for my hubby and me is not having TV snack time.  We would always have popcorn or nibble on chocolate etc.... but we're getting through it.  It really helps to have someone else doing it with you because then they aren't snacking next to you:)

Hope you don't mind me joining you all:)  

13 hours ago, Sister.Journey said:

Hi Lila, I'm sorry to hear about the cravings. I've not had any so far, at least not any that have really pushed me. Are you eating enough food? Now, i do eat fresh fruit at each meal so maybe that has helped me. I do not eat in-between meals because that was part of my pattern pre w30. This morning I had a three egg omelet with left over steak from dinner last night, two pieces of compliant bacon diced in, half a baked potato from dinner and onion and chives, salt and pepper. I put the omelet ontop of a plate full of fresh spinach leaves raw [they wilted nicely under the heat of the omelet taken out of the over]. To finish I had one cup of black coffee and one half a fresh grapefruit. So far no cravings at all. Hope this helps. Maybe others on our list can help. Also don't hesitate to repost your concerns on the forum's Troubleshooting log. It is moderated and they answer really quickly. Blessings for a fabulous Day 11 :)

Thanks for the support... I think I haven't been eating enough carbs. Feeling much better this morning - I think the cravings were tough because of seeing all the sweet stuff at the hotel buffet and then in work meetings. Back home as of yesterday, did a big food shop and meal prep last night and feeling much better! Day 12, here we go :) 

Y'all! I survived my high school reunion! It was at a pizza/beer restaurant but I ordered the steak not cooked in butter and a dry potato, and soda water with lemons and limes and I gotta tell ya- it was delicious! Not waking up bloated/hung over is a huge bonus!

Nnnnnnnow if only I could stop craving pizza all day today that would be great. I keep having thoughts trying to rationalize it... my husband and I almost caved by trying so hard to keep going!

1 hour ago, alexamassie said:

Y'all! I survived my high school reunion! It was at a pizza/beer restaurant but I ordered the steak not cooked in butter and a dry potato, and soda water with lemons and limes and I gotta tell ya- it was delicious! Not waking up bloated/hung over is a huge bonus!

Nnnnnnnow if only I could stop craving pizza all day today that would be great. I keep having thoughts trying to rationalize it... my husband and I almost caved by trying so hard to keep going!

Congrats! Well done for not caving... the cravings can be brutal.  

9 hours ago, alexamassie said:

Nicely done!  It is a great feeling to wake up not hung over.  Oh and how I Looovveee pizza too!  It's probably one of my hardest to give up.  Don't give in.  You're doing too good. Hope you had a great reunion!! :)

I have to share. I made my most delicious meal yet for lunch today. Wegmans had one single organic lamb blade chop on sale on Sunday. I've eaten lamb before (my step mother is 100% Greek so we have lamb every Christmas) but I've never made it. I threw it under the broiler with olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano, then finished it with a squeeze of lemon after it rested. I made green beans with a little salt and lemon, and fresh cherry tomatoes, and two runny yoke eggs, putting one of them over the green beans. Oh my god. It was so good. I even thought to make it during nap time so I could enjoy it at my pace, not at the pace of a two year old tornado.

Things are going well. My husband and I are heading up to IKEA on Friday to look for a new tv stand. It doesn't look like much besides salad bar and fruit will be compliant, but I'll probably bring something anyway. I've gotten used to doing that. Unless, does anyone have any IKEA experience on compliant foods there I might have missed?

Hope everyone's doing well!

IMG_6710.JPG

Hi everyone it looks like things are going well! If they're not, it's ok! Share anyway! 

Hypotheticalfox, how is your poor sister's ankle!?!??

the rough days of 10-11 were indeed rough for me, and when my spouse and I bicker/fight it really makes me feel like giving up -- more demonstration of my emotional eating triggers! We are both committed to this round, though, so we kept it together. I'm following the timeline this time more closely than I ever have, and during a nap yesterday I dreamed I made the most delicious pasta in a creamy sauce. It was so vivid eating it that I woke up devastated that I would have to restart! The relief to know I didn't cheat was....whew!!

This is a time when serious food boredom can set in, though, so don't forget to eat your fats! That's flavor and satiety that will get us thru any hard cravings! Your brain is going to work extra hard to convince you that you don't want this food. The best thing you can do is eat your meals with gusto and attention! Our brains can be rewired...that is scientific fact! 

Happy Monday all :D

Wow that lamb chop looks wonderful. Thank you hypothetical for the picture and for the great ideas! Breakfast boredom is where I'm at. I'm getting really good at dinners, but eating dinner for breakfast doesn't work for me. I gave up this morning and settled for a banana and a handful of raw almonds. One cup of coffee. It's not great, I know but I cannot eat eggs every morning even though I love them. What I did though was give myself permission to have an early lunch, at 11:30 am which was leftovers from my sunday dinner -- yum! One half baked sweet potato, green beans with lemon, and one and a half palms of pork loin with onions [I deglazed the pan with a cup of apple cider] oh my goodness delicious! I had some sweet fresh cherries to finish. Now I just have to figure out what to do this afternoon. I have many hours before I get to eat -- I leave work at 4 or so but have to be at a two hour thing until 8 pm, not a lot of time to eat. I will get home and make a fast omelet probably with leftover baked potato, spinach and tomato. That ought to tide me over. I don't know if I had time to write about my dinner at Outback? I was shocked at first as they were handing out little dishes of cheese cake as we walked in -- I didn't expect it and my face flushed. My partner ate one but I turned it down. At dinner, My partner ate all the bread and loved it. I really wasn't craving it, which I loved. I had a steak, French fries [I checked no sugar and only canola oil -- not the best choice but the W30 list said okay once and a while] and steamed broccoli. I enjoyed every bite and didn't miss dessert.  I love hearing from everyone. Keep writing!

Penguins.jpg

I'm posting this because I process better this way. It's day 14 and I am so disappointed that my pants aren't looser that I start to think maybe I should reduce X or Y, or stop eating Z etc. 

I have to have a very stern talk with myself: Misshannah, practice what you preach. This isn't a diet. This is not for weight loss. This is to heal hormones and maybe even disordered eating, and certainly a gut deranged by sugar and oils it can't tolerate and processed foods. Trust the process and EAT. What if you GAIN WEIGHT and at the same time FEEL FREE? What if you trust your BODY? It's day 14 for goodness sake...it's not even half over and you're sweating some pants? What about your mood? What about your CLEAR SINUSES AND LUNGS? 

Lady, get real with yourself. Everything is fine and you are doing fine and you just need to RELAX. When it's safe for your body to release weight, it will. 

Archived