Loving Coconut but.....

I have discovered coconut cream and milk but I am worried as it is really high calorie. Are you sure it is okay? I put it in coffee (truthfully about 4 cups but decaf) and sometimes have it with berries.

Also I seem to be eating a lot of meat and fish!! Really, is that okay? It seems like I am eating far more fat than I did before. I am on Day 4.

Yes you will probably be eating a lot more, I know I certainly do! It was a big shock to me to start eating so many calories (I don't count them I just know it is SO much higher than I was before) and so much more fat than I was used to. Especially in terms of coconut and avocados! I am also eating a lot more meat and fish (used to get most protein from greek yogurt and protein shakes)

After eating this way for 36 days now I have lost 8lbs and nearly 2 dress/pant sizes... It doesn't make sense in my mind but as long as its working then who cares how!

I logged my meals into fitday the first couple days of my first w30, and was horrified by the amount of fat and calories I was consuming. Decided to go through with it anyway, and by the end of my 30 I had lost just shy of 10#, and have never felt better. I went on to lose another 8# over the next couple months by sticking to paleo as much as possible, and recently fell completely off the wagon. Ive gained back 3# in the last couple weeks. Today is day 1 of round 2 for me.

We shouldn't judge our success by the scale, but I'm here to tell you it works for me! I feel better physically and mentally, and the weight loss just happens.

All I will add is that sometimes you just need to take a leap of faith. Put away thoughts of calories, put away food scales and measuring of ounces and grams, throw away ;) put aside everything the government and marketing firms have been telling you about what is a good food and what is a bad food for the last x number of years and JUST EAT to the whole30 protocol and food template, and see how your body feels.

All I will add is that sometimes you just need to take a leap of faith. Put away thoughts of calories, put away food scales and measuring of ounces and grams, throw away put aside everything the government and marketing firms have been telling you about what is a good food and what is a bad food for the last x number of years and JUST EAT to the whole30 protocol and food template, and see how your body feels.

This!!! Well said!

After eating this way for 36 days now I have lost 8lbs and nearly 2 dress/pant sizes... It doesn't make sense in my mind but as long as its working then who cares how!

What you just said is what helps me continue.

Not only am I NEVER starving, I feel better physically and mentally, I am also fitting my clothing again, even on my 8th day I notice this! But wow, the inches. Whole30 is amazing, it should be a no-brainer how protein and healthy fats are so helpful to us, especially when unnecessary carbs and chemicals are eliminated!

Archived