Starting July 17

SLHorowitz86

Day 30 tomorrow, so I know I'm going to make it! I haven't seen many noticeable improvements, but I didn't have any noticeable difficulties starting this diet. I suspect I don't have a lot of food sensitivities.

I do have a lot of energy -- well, I did, until I started school with meetings solid from 8 to 4 today! I'm not changing anything this week, to see if that energy holds.

I'm thinking of cream in my coffee to celebrate the weekend, but drinking it black is getting easier, so I may not even do that.

I'm glad I tried this. I'm cooking real food, more than I have in years. I'm not always searching for a treat to make me feel better. And I think I've lost a little weight.

So very good, although not the earth-shattering experience of the Whole30 hype. 

Thank you all for your comments and support!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is the DAY! It's my last day and I can't say it was easy BUT it wasn't so bad. I made it and I can't wait to incorporate other foods back into my diet. I'm going to stay 90/10 and hope that I continue to see all the fantastic results from this life change. 

I'm still feeling groggy but living in SoCal @aussiegal I just can't blame it on the winter. I added more fats and that seems to be helping. I'll keep tweaking things as I go along and see if I can find a nice balance. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to circle back. I made it and in the end I lost 11 pounds! I have kept most of my healthy life change habits and I have indulged in a few things here and there but I am loving the path I am on. Congrats to everyone who made it and who stayed on track. Cheers to a happily ever after relationship with food!

Archived