Too much fat???

Hi there

I am on day 12 of my first Whole 30 and I feel like I might be eating too much of the healthy fats.  I do workout daily, jogging, weights and 9Round Kickboxing but still not sure so would like to share my meals from yesterday, if anyone can take a look and let me know, thanks so much

Pre-workout - hardboiled egg  (jogged 3 miles, weights for 40 mins)

Post workout - 3 oz chicken breast and handful of fingerling potatoes

Meal 1 - 1 egg, 2 slices of a baked potato (for toast), 2 slices prosciutto, 1/2 avocado -- 2 cup of coffee with 1/3 cup coconut milk steamed in each cup

Meal 2 - romaine lettuce salad with greek dressing (homemade w/avocado olive, balsamic vinegar, chives and salt) with 5 oz chicken breast, sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives, 1/2 avocado, small handful of macadamia nuts

Meal 3 - 3 baby back ribs with only salt on them when bbq'd, fingerling potatoes and carrots with ghee 

• Administrators

How are you feeling after your meals? Are you getting 4-5 hours between them before feeling ready for the next? Or are you happy to go 6-7 hours before eating again? 

It doesn't seem like too much fat to me. Maaaybe you would want to slightly reduce the coconut milk in your coffee if you were concerned but overall if looks fine to me. Your breakfast is pretty small though. Pre and post workouts are well composed but you don't want them replacing any portion of your next meal. They are in addition. So when you go to eat breakfast, it should be properly sized and eggs as protein are as many as you can hold in your hand without dropping; 3-4 as a start. Proscuitto is basically paper thin and counts more towards fat or a condiment than protein.

Generally, I feel satisfied and yes I make it 4-5 hours before my next meal but some days I get pretty hunger between, normally on my days that I do 9Round since it is pretty much a HIIT workout and I'm going hard for 35 - 40 minutes.  I just grab a handful of baby carrots or cherries when I get hungry between meals so not adding more fats in there but I will increase my eggs at breakfast and decrease my coconut milk

Thank you very much, happy Friday! 

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Robybo said:

Generally, I feel satisfied and yes I make it 4-5 hours before my next meal but some days I get pretty hunger between, normally on my days that I do 9Round since it is pretty much a HIIT workout and I'm going hard for 35 - 40 minutes.  I just grab a handful of baby carrots or cherries when I get hungry between meals so not adding more fats in there but I will increase my eggs at breakfast and decrease my coconut milk

Thank you very much, happy Friday! 

If you're legitimately hungry between meals, try to avoid snacking on fruit and eat protein and fat instead... a hardboiled egg is a great option!

Archived