Whole30 Skillet (my go-to breakfast)

chicklet65

Ingredients:

1 cup cubed sweet potato (peeled) or 1 cup cubed russet potato (washed, peels on)

1/4 cup diced onions 

1/4 cup diced peppers (whatever color you prefer)

1 Roma tomato, diced

1 cup fresh spinach, (frozen spinach doesn't work as well) I chop the spinach a little bit

1/4 cup mushrooms (optional)

1-2 Tbsp olive oil or ghee 

2 large eggs

1/8 cup cashew milk (can use almond or coconut instead)

1 tsp dried basil (can use fresh if you have it and prefer)

1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic chopped 

paprika

salt and pepper to taste

1/4 avocado, sliced

1) Put olive oil or ghee in a large skillet (cast iron is what I use) and turn heat to medium (4-5 on numbered stove dial)

2) Pour potato into pan and stir to coat with olive oil or melted ghee.

3) Sprinkle basil and paprika on potato and mix around to spread spices onto potato.

4) Once potato is about finished use a spatula and push them to one side of the skillet.

5) Add onion, pepper, mushroom to the cleared side of pan to cook.  Add a tiny bit of ghee or olive oil if necessary to prevent sticking.

6) Once the onion, pepper and mushrooms are done mix them together with the potato well and then push to the side again.

7) Crack eggs into a small bowl and add milk, whisk.

8) Scramble eggs in a separate non-stick fry pan until formed and almost done, set aside. 

9) Add tomato and garlic to the empty spot in the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until most of the excess moisture from tomato cooks off.

10) Stir tomato with the rest of the vegetables and potato until mixed well.  

11) Add spinach to all other ingredients in pan and stir.

12) Push mixture to the sides of skillet, leaving a circle in the middle.

13) Put the scrambled eggs into the center of the pan and use spatula to chop into pieces and finish cooking.

14) Stir eggs in with the rest of the mixture until combined.  Remove from heat.

15) Scoop your delicious meal onto a plate and place 3-4 avocado slices on the side as a garnish.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

Archived