Starting July 10!

Mglawe

Me too! My first round. I've been eating mostly fruitarian during the week, so I'm interested to see how making a few changes and adding meat to my diet will make me feel. Most nervous about quitting Coke Zero! And finding time to cook all week. I run out of energy to cook by the weekend. 

I am starting tomorrow, July 10 too! My first round, been already gluten and dairy free for more than 1,5 years. Now wanting to get my sweet tooth under control and lose the three extra kilos I've got last summer. super excited to start! 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Jordana3185 said:

Me too! My first round. I've been eating mostly fruitarian during the week, so I'm interested to see how making a few changes and adding meat to my diet will make me feel. Most nervous about quitting Coke Zero! And finding time to cook all week. I run out of energy to cook by the weekend. 

Lots of people cook only one or two days a week as a prep and then do minimal cooking during the week.  There are tons of resources on meal prep on the forum - google is the best way to search.

Don't forget that in addition to adding meat to your diet, you're also adding veggies and fat... fruit is recommended to be 0-2 servings a day (fist sized) and eaten with a meal, not as dessert and definitely not on its own.

Hi.  I finished my first round June 14 and want to do another round.  I noticed such tremendous improvements in my health and habits, I am curious to see what I can improve upon this time.  My biggest challenge is timing my meals.

Day 3, how's everyone feeling? I am a little lethargic today but I am feeling good about my meals. I have had a few cravings but nothing too terrible. Looking forward to getting closer to feeling Tiger Blood and noticing changes!

48 minutes ago, Mglawe said:

Day 3, how's everyone feeling? I am a little lethargic today but I am feeling good about my meals. I have had a few cravings but nothing too terrible. Looking forward to getting closer to feeling Tiger Blood and noticing changes!

i'm feeling tired too! This is my first Whole30 round and I thought it would be tough, but it's surprisingly easy. I really didn't have to make too many changes except on rice, cheese, and beans. I was putting one sugar in my coffee so omitting it wasn't a big deal. What is a big deal to me is how tired I am. I don't know if it's the North Carolina heat or what, but as a person who never takes naps I could easily fall asleep right now. As far as sleeping at night I slept more soundly the last two nights, but even in the mornings when I woke up I still just wanted to sleep for a couple more hours. Is this normal, and why?

1 hour ago, chaderopla said:

i'm feeling tired too! This is my first Whole30 round and I thought it would be tough, but it's surprisingly easy. I really didn't have to make too many changes except on rice, cheese, and beans. I was putting one sugar in my coffee so omitting it wasn't a big deal. What is a big deal to me is how tired I am. I don't know if it's the North Carolina heat or what, but as a person who never takes naps I could easily fall asleep right now. As far as sleeping at night I slept more soundly the last two nights, but even in the mornings when I woke up I still just wanted to sleep for a couple more hours. Is this normal, and why?

This is my third Whole30 so it's a little more familiar to me. If you look through the Whole30 timeline, the next couple days you will continue to be more tired because of the lack of sugar that your body has to run off of. It is replacing the sugar by using what fat you have and converting it into energy, so until your body becomes more familiar, you will feel tired and lethargic. Naps are okay to take in the next couple days. The worst is yet to come so try to stay positive! These forums are great for support and advice so keep checking in!

Day 9! How's everyone feeling? The last couple days have been hard for me energy wise. I also got a visit from Mother Nature a week early which is adding to my struggle but I am trying to stay on track with my food choices. I also added a little extra exercise into my routine so I am hoping that will help boost my energy levels as well. 

I'm still TIRED! I'm at work right now, I just started my lunch break thankfully, not because I'm hungry (I mean I am), but because I'm hoping that it will keep me awake lol. I'm sitting here doing work with one hand on my face and the other on my mouse. OH! And I also go ta visit from mother nature this week, so yeah. I went for an hour walk before work this morning and that helped, but it's too hot now to do anything outside. wral.com/weather.  :)

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, chaderopla said:

I'm still TIRED! I'm at work right now, I just started my lunch break thankfully, not because I'm hungry (I mean I am), but because I'm hoping that it will keep me awake lol. I'm sitting here doing work with one hand on my face and the other on my mouse. OH! And I also go ta visit from mother nature this week, so yeah. I went for an hour walk before work this morning and that helped, but it's too hot now to do anything outside. wral.com/weather. In other news, I have lost quite a bit of weight for one week.mod edit to remove weight discussion. So I'm definitely not stopping. And believe me, I'm not starving over here! :)

Often when women are in the week of or leading up to their period, they need to eat more, which can help with the fatigue... make sure you're at least eating to the middle/upper end of the template :)

Also, I've edited your post to remove scale discussion... not stepping on a scale is as much a rule as not eating dairy... give yourself the 30 days of just feeling your body and not worrying what a hunk of plastic is telling you.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, chaderopla said:

Whoopsies, I deleted it. :unsure: 

I'm eating, that will never be an issue.  :lol: 

That reminds me. Are there any breath mints that are compliant? I saw the sneaky sugars list and I know some of them are on it. 

Not really... you can google 'whole30 fresh breath' or Whole30 gum or whole30 breathmints and get lots of previous discussion :)

Day 13. I want to kill everyone. Everything is annoying me. I'm angry, irritable, cranky, etc. I just want to be left alone and crawl in a dark hole. Am I alone here? I know how I'm being, but can't stop. And I don't want to be/feel this way. 

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, chaderopla said:

Day 13. I want to kill everyone. Everything is annoying me. I'm angry, irritable, cranky, etc. I just want to be left alone and crawl in a dark hole. Am I alone here? I know how I'm being, but can't stop. And I don't want to be/feel this way. 

Are you having at least one fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable (like potato, sweet potato, winter squashes such as butternut or acorn squash, or other root vegetables like beets, turnips, parsnips or carrots) each day? If not, try that, and if you are, it might be that you need a second serving -- some people need more. And be sure you're picking one or two servings of fats from the meal template in addition to the fat you cook in at each meal. Also keep in mind that doing Whole30 often causes women's cycles to change a bit, so even if it's not when you were expecting it, this might be pms-related -- in which case, you probably need more food than normal, and you can take some small amount of comfort in the fact that it'll end soon and you'll be back to feeling normal.

On 7/22/2017 at 1:26 PM, ShannonM816 said:

Are you having at least one fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable (like potato, sweet potato, winter squashes such as butternut or acorn squash, or other root vegetables like beets, turnips, parsnips or carrots) each day? If not, try that, and if you are, it might be that you need a second serving -- some people need more. And be sure you're picking one or two servings of fats from the meal template in addition to the fat you cook in at each meal. Also keep in mind that doing Whole30 often causes women's cycles to change a bit, so even if it's not when you were expecting it, this might be pms-related -- in which case, you probably need more food than normal, and you can take some small amount of comfort in the fact that it'll end soon and you'll be back to feeling normal.

I'm in love with potatoes... I think I needed to add more. It just so happened that I had been having potatoes with my eggs and 1/2 avocado for breakfast and that morning I did not. So me thinks that might have been a factor. My cycle had ended a couple of days prior so I don't think that was it, but the good news is I do have my regular energy back. 

Day 15! Halfway point. My energy levels are noticeably better then when I had started out. Temptations were very present over the weekend, which affected my mood a little bit but I didn't give in to anything. How's everyone else feeling? I think this week I am going to try some new recipes, any suggestions?

Archived