Champion

Champion

Hi Whole 30ers!

This is my 2nd day and I am super committed to this Whole 30 change in my life! I did it for two weeks and then hubby ended up in hospital for 5 days so I was too worried and focused on him to eat right so I am starting over. I found it much easier to start than the first day a few weeks ago. I just ordered the whole 30 cook book so it should come tomorrow. Any favorite recipes in the book that I should try first? 

This is my first time ever blogging too. I am 62 and not the most tech savvy.

HI, Champion,

I hope your hubby is doing a lot better now.  I'm 63 so we have a lot in common already.  I too am, anxious to get started; I've played around with the program for a couple of weeks; wasn't sure what to buy.  I've spent a lot of time in Whole Foods and other health conscience stores and thought I would start last week; the day came, I was on.  But then realized some of the foods I'd purchased had noncompliant stuff so I'm now gearing up to start with the right stuff on Saturday.  I too have purchased the cookbook and am looking forward to trying the chili recipe.  I purchased an air fryer and I think I really like this.  There are so many things on this program that I've been told is off limits for years that I really look at this and finding so much I can eat that I shouldn't have before; like carrots, potatoes, fruit.  I love roasted carrots and in the air fryer, I can spritz lightly with olive oil and they are yummy.  I even tried and liked the brussel sprouts, cooking the same way, so for me, this isn't a diet, it's a whole new world.

We can do this.  I'm in Oklahoma, where are you?

Becky

Archived