Something weird happened to me today

NicoleGC

Up until last night my Whole 30 has been moving along with minimal difficulty. I had some leg cramping early on, as well and some cravings and other things that seemed fairly common. Last week I caught a cold that was turning into a sinus infection, and to avoid the sinus infection my doctor put me on a nasal spray and recommended I take Sudafed, Ibuprofen, and Mucinex as indicated on the label because they had worked for me in the past. I don't like taking medication, so I took only half of what she recommended. It affected my sleep a little bit but the cold went away and I stopped taking all meds three days ago. I felt fine until this morning...

I woke up at 4:10 am with my heart racing. No alarm, no nightmares, no stressful meetings today. I waited a few minutes and when it didn't slow down I took my pulse and it was over 120 bpm. I had this weak feeling in my body and it reminded me of how I felt when I wasn't fat adapted and went an extra hour without a snack. I took my blood pressure and it was 105/70 mmHg. I felt so lethargic and weak but didn't want to turn to caffeine or sugar. I tried eating a bunch of different foods thinking maybe I wasn't getting enough of something. Everything I ate was compliant. After a few hours I felt better but I still don't feel "normal." Has anyone ever experienced this or have an explanation?

Archived