Starting reintroductions tomorrow and a bit freaked out

candacevasko

Hello friends,

I finished my second Whole30 today. I had read that every 30 you complete, you learn something new, and boy is that the truth! I started following the autoimmune protocol about 10 days ago, and am seeing some serious differences. What my question is, with reintroductions, do I ever reintroduce nightshades or nuts again? Can I have some green chili's every now and again?

Ps. I am totally freaked out the whole dang thing. I like all the structure and controlled environment of the Whole30, and I am not sure that I am ready to face the real world again.

P.s.s. The only things I have really missed is SUGAR (that damn dragon still lurking) and occasionally cheese and bread. Figured out how legumes (bloated, tender belly) and sugar (agitated and antsy and uncomfortable) have affected me after my first W30.

Thoughts and/or advice? :unsure:

• Moderators

If you're not ready to reintroduce anything, wait. If you know something is bad for you, I don't know why you would willing eat it again, but that's me. I know people with celiac disease who keep eating bread even though it wrecks them over and over again.

Fair point. I am considering doing a 45 day (or so) just to give the autoimmune protocol time to work. I am not sure how/why I didn't see how important that was for me my first Whole30. I suppose I will try a little hard cheese, and/or wine a try when I am ready. I appreciate your response Tom. I like the way that you put things - very honest, very helpful. Thank you. :)

Archived