Starting date July 15

Wendyy

Hi, I' new to whole 30. I just started reading the book, I got most of my info from the website. I'm a single 50 year old looking to make changes and think this may be the way. I definitely could use some support. I work out at the gym 5-6 mornings per week and then work 6 days per week. I'm really looking forward to what's going to happen over the course of the next 30 days. 

Like you, I'm a 50-something. I am impressed with your gym commitment. I also started July 15. This is my second time around. I thought the program was good the first time? What are your goals? I'd like to cut back on wine and lose a few pounds before my daughter's wedding on 9-2. Where are you geographicallly? Michele

Hi Michele! 

Thanks for responding, I live in Abita Springs, LA. It's about an hour north of New Orleans, which is pretty much where I grew up. I lived in Charlotte,NC for a few years but decided to come back in 2014. I just found out I'm in the prediabetic range when I had some much needed blood work done. So it is definitely a goal of mine to get as far away from those numbers as possible. I've been obese, 230-270, my whole adult life except for the few times I've  managed to lose the weight only to gain it back.  Another goal is definitely to end the cycle of yo-yo dieting. In the past two years, I've lost close to 100 pounds but managed to gain about 25 back  over the past couple of months.  I still feel really good because I'm exercising every day and I don't really look like I gained all that weight back but I know it. I guess a third goal of mine would be to have a good relationship with food.  Alcohol would definitely be one of my biggest obstacles on this  venture.

Please tell me about yourself I love to hear more about you.

Wendy

Archived