My Whole 30 start date is August 7th!!

Kdog777

I've been researching, reading and getting as much information about the Whole 30. I can't even tell you how excited I am to start this program. I smoke and have had a very hard time quitting and now I can quit while changing my life around about food. I've been telling everyone at my work and family and friends to ask for support too. However, I have some co-workers that aren't supportive and tell me "hope you can do it" type things. My husband is being really supportive and is even going to do the meals with me. I can't wait and hope to meet some of you and hear about your accomplishments.

1 hour ago, Kdog777 said:

I've been researching, reading and getting as much information about the Whole 30. I can't even tell you how excited I am to start this program. I smoke and have had a very hard time quitting and now I can quit while changing my life around about food. I've been telling everyone at my work and family and friends to ask for support too. However, I have some co-workers that aren't supportive and tell me "hope you can do it" type things. My husband is being really supportive and is even going to do the meals with me. I can't wait and hope to meet some of you and hear about your accomplishments.

I forgot to include some of the reasons I want to do this. I have issues with IBS, low energy, tension headaches and stress/anxiety. I eat pretty healthy for the most part but, when I get stressed out I'll go for the bad foods first. My goal is to see if all the comments I've heard from those that have done the Whole 30 (sometimes 3-4 times over) will be the same for me. I am so excited to begin this chapter of my life!

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Kdog777 said:

If the coworkers aren't supportive, cease discussing food with them... that's the best advice I can give for that... You'll have enough to manage with the quitting smoking and the program without also selling it to people who don't care or don't believe in you.  Come here and talk to us instead and your uber supportive hubby... The proof will be in the results for the naysayers!

20 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

If the coworkers aren't supportive, cease discussing food with them... that's the best advice I can give for that... You'll have enough to manage with the quitting smoking and the program without also selling it to people who don't care or don't believe in you.  Come here and talk to us instead and your uber supportive hubby... The proof will be in the results for the naysayers!

Wow, thank you so much for that!!! I truly appreciate that. I just joined the Whole30 Daily too. I'm hoping that logging in everyday will also help me stay on track and get the additional support I need.

Thanks rileyspeep!! I'm nervous too but, excited too!! Keep me posted as you work your program. You are starting the week before me so, maybe you'll have some pointers for me = ). I think I'm going to go with the books first 7 day meal plan. I think that I can buy all the things I'll need that Saturday prior and then have all day Sunday to prep for the week. I'm so OCD that I think if I start totally free of decisions my second week will be easier and I can make my own meal plan, lol. Well, I wish you the best of luck and will be here for any support you may need. :D

Howdy, I'm starting on 7 August too, just doing the reading, research and prep now. I'll be meal prepping on the Sunday too :) 

I agree with the stopping talking food with coworkers, sometimes we get so caught up in believing in what we're doing it bleeds over into needing others to believe it too, and that can result in others having more power over our belief in ourselves than they should. Rely on the reliable ;)

Archived