Soup!! How much is too much!!??

Lisa Maire

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Lisa Maire said:

I just made my first batch of compliant butternut squash soup! It is so yummy I want to bathe in it! But, since I can't,  how much would be one serving size?? Thanks!!!

We don't really dictate to that level... in a template meal, it would be your starchy carb serving, which in its natural state is about a fist sized serving... depending on what else is in it, I'd say it's probably a cup or two?  If it's a coconut milk based creamy soup, it would count toward your fat serving as well... hard to say without the recipe and knowing what the ingredients and amounts are but be reasonable and don't eat a vat of it, or it on its own without protein and other veggies :)

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Lisa Maire said:

Thanks!! It is a Whole 30 recipe with coconut milk. This is my first week so I'm still learning about serving sizes. The template helps, but I don't recall seeing "starchy carbs" on it. I must've overlooked it.

Thanks again !

It doesn't specifically list out the starchy carbs (not sure why) but the recco (from It Starts With Food) is to start with a fist sized serving once a day, more if you are very active, a woman on or near her period or a person with mood disorders... less if you are very sedentary, have a lot of weight to lose...

Archived