Start Date August 7th

Katrina B

Starting August 7th. I've done the Paleo diet before and remember feeling great. I was unable to keep up with that as I found there were so many variances and a lot of pressure to shop local and places like Whole Foods. I am a teacher and subscribe to Thrive and shop at grocery stores that are more affordable. Occasionally I will treat myself to Whole Foods and shop local/in season when I can. Looking forward to a program built on honesty and openness. I listened to MBG's interview with Melissa this morning while making breakfast and am getting pumped to start. I've got a couple things happening which is why I've had to delay my start date to August 7th. However, this is giving me enough time to read the books and really prepare myself to "slay the sugar dragon" and breakup with my unhealthy relationship with food (Goodie Girl Gluten Free Mint Cookies will be the hardest thing for me to give up!!!!)

I am a teacher as well. I figured summer was a good time to start because not as much stress? Hope that's true. :) I also followed the Paleo plan in May and June and really liked it. I hear you about shopping local. I delayed my Whole 30 start to July 31st as I wanted to read the books and really be certain about the rules and what I can eat. Glad to know there are other people out there with similar experiences. 

Hi Katrina! I'm starting August 7th as well. Looking forward to changing my eating habits as well and feeling better. Using these next couple weeks to fill my pantry up with all the things that I'll need to ensure a successful 30 days. The bread will be the hard part for me but, I did find coconut wraps on Amazon that are Whole30 compliant that I can use as my wrap to my hamburgers or deli meats. We'll see = ). I would love to stay in touch as we begin our journey to food freedom if you'd like. Good luck!

On 7/20/2017 at 1:34 AM, Kdog777 said:

Hi Katrina! I'm starting August 7th as well. Looking forward to changing my eating habits as well and feeling better. Using these next couple weeks to fill my pantry up with all the things that I'll need to ensure a successful 30 days. The bread will be the hard part for me but, I did find coconut wraps on Amazon that are Whole30 compliant that I can use as my wrap to my hamburgers or deli meats. We'll see = ). I would love to stay in touch as we begin our journey to food freedom if you'd like. Good luck!

I'm starting August 7 too! From what I'm reading though, those wraps aren't W30 because they are SWYPO - you can't use compliant ingredients to replicate non-compliant foods. Happy to be told I'm wrong?

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Kdog777 said:

Oh man!! I found it on amazon under the whole 30 products but, I think you are correct. I guess lettuce wraps it is :)

Yep, you're both correct, these are not allowed... but a big collard green leaf or some lettuce works great as a 'bun'... or throw the innards of what you would put in a bun (burger, sandwich fixin's) on a salad, use the condiments (mayo, mustard, relish) as the dressing.  Delish!

Archived