Jump to content

My very first day, who else?!


Daniele Luisa

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
2 hours ago, MonikaDelilah said:

Hi Dani,

My first day too. I'm in the U.S. and it's 2 pm. I already ate through my afternoon snack and I'm ready to gnaw my arm off. **Note to self: pack more snacks!

Monika

Note to self: eat bigger meals so that you don't need to snack ;)

Seriously tho, the idea is to go 4-5 hours between meals with no snacks... if you're eating template meals with all three categories of food groups in sufifcient quantities, you should be able to do it.  In the meantime while you're getting the quantities just right, should you need to eat, go for a mini meal... protein and fat and veggies if you can... hardboiled egg and a dollop of mayo, chicken salad on cucumber... snacking on fruit and nuts on their own is not recommended (not sure if that's what you're referring to whey you say you ate your snack).

You should not be hungry on this plan and certainly not hungry enough to eat your own body parts :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am having a difficult time trying to find anything to help me with workout guidelines. I eat breakfast around 8 and take a mile walk around 10. I would normally eat a small snack to help keep my metabolism up but is it recommended that I stay away from a snack? I have lunch around 11-11:30 am and then at 5 I CrossFit for an hour. I get home around 6:30ish and eat dinner....any suggestions would be appreciated. I want to do all I can to succeed on Whole30.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, MonikaDelilah said:

I am having a difficult time trying to find anything to help me with workout guidelines. I eat breakfast around 8 and take a mile walk around 10. I would normally eat a small snack to help keep my metabolism up but is it recommended that I stay away from a snack? I have lunch around 11-11:30 am and then at 5 I CrossFit for an hour. I get home around 6:30ish and eat dinner....any suggestions would be appreciated. I want to do all I can to succeed on Whole30.

Can you be more specific about where you have the snack and what your concerns are?  Your mile walk doesn't really need an additional snack if you've eaten a proper template breakfast at 8.  After your crossfit, you should be eating a small post workout meal of lean protein and starchy carbs (just a few bites of each) and then eat your dinner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I eat the snack at my desk before my walk but that will stop. I guess I've been preconditioned to eat something before any physical activity. I'll try the small post workout mea. Is it okay to go from lunch to my workout time w/out a small meal or boost...possibly a half of an RX bar? I want to avoid the fatigue during a workout due to not enough in my tank to burn while I'm moving. Thanks for answering my questions!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, MonikaDelilah said:

I eat the snack at my desk before my walk but that will stop. I guess I've been preconditioned to eat something before any physical activity. I'll try the small post workout mea. Is it okay to go from lunch to my workout time w/out a small meal or boost...possibly a half of an RX bar? I want to avoid the fatigue during a workout due to not enough in my tank to burn while I'm moving. Thanks for answering my questions!

I would have a pre workout meal before the crossfit if I was you... but RX bars are approved for emergencies only and a preworkout is not an emergency... hardboiled egg, leftover protein and fat etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello all! I am starting on July 24th. I attempted this in October 2016 but only lasted 3 days, this was at the same time that I  began working night shift at my job for the first time ever so it was just not the right time! 

I am hoping to clear up some acne, gain more energy, and first and foremost, achieve a better sense of balance related to my diet. 

I do not eat eggs, (not on their own anyway, if they're an ingredient in a recipe I don't mind). I have a bad habit of skipping breakfast, I'm looking for some eggless breakfast ideas that fit the template. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
13 minutes ago, CristinaV said:

I do not eat eggs, (not on their own anyway, if they're an ingredient in a recipe I don't mind). I have a bad habit of skipping breakfast, I'm looking for some eggless breakfast ideas that fit the template. 

Google 'whole30 eggfree breakfast' and you'll get loads and loads of hits... it's been discussed here tons so you should be able to find something, but most people who don't want eggs just eat leftovers of whatever they had for dinner the night before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...