Start Date- July 23

coffeelover

I started on the 18th and haven't really found anyone to connect to. Maybe we could be

group? I did need to start over today ;) but I'm giving myself grace and refocusing today.

I've been living a paleo lifestyle for almost 4 years but the last 2 have resulted in 

some very lazy habits and indulgence has become the standard and not just on special

occasion. 

How about you all? what do you hope to achieve or conquer? 

Ruth

@jensdowns I'm going to try using compliant unsweetened cashew milk with my coffee.  I've had it in cereal and it's pretty good!  

@Ruthless Yes, let's start a group!  I'll start on Sunday.  I hope to learn how to manage my sweet tooth and prove that I don't need ice cream or cookies after dinner.  I really need to up my veggie and fruit intake, and I feel this program is a good way to increase the amount I consume.  I also have some inflammation in my knee, and I want to see if changing my eating habits will help with this. 

I've also tried a compliant coconut creamer (can't remember the brand) that is ok

I also won't drink my coffee black. 

It looks like we have the beginnings of a group!! When I started my paleo journey

I noticed great improvements on my neck pain , I'm sure you'll feel the improvements too.

I was planning to start on Sunday, but when I stepped on the scales this morning, I decided to begin the program today!  I've done the Whole 30 in the past, but have really strayed. I would like to be a part of this "newbie" group and look forward to learning and sharing with others in the group.  

I'm hoping for weight loss and to be healthier. 

I feel you GaleG! no time like the present!! I'm looking for some weight loss and re-establishing 

some healthy habit. I feel so much better when I eat this way. 

I really struggle in the evenings and this has been my biggest challenge = starting over yet again today :(

Ruthless, I know we all have our challenges, keep trying!  I find trying a new recipe and making my evening meal a little special helps me.   That way, I 'm less likely to feel deprived or get bored with my food choices.  I had "spaghetti" (spaghetti squash) and meat sauce last night, making  the homemade tomato sauce from the Whole30 cookbook.  Yum!  Hang in there!!

Today is my first day! I'd love to connect with all of you. Ruthless, I am trying to conquer my migraines, severe skin sensitivities, autoimmune issues, fibromyalgia and low energy. I know it's alot but this is my first real hope! I love strong black coffee and am allergic to wheat so I'll be ok there. I do ok without sweets but the cheese and peanut butter might kill me lol.

Hey guys! I'll join your group. I'm starting on Monday, July 24. I work fulltime and have three school aged children. Thankfully I have a supportive hubby, but he is not doing Whole30 with me. I can't throw out all the snacks my kids eat so I am hoping I won't be too tempted. Ugh.  This is real life, after all!  Thanks for starting a new group.

Oh, and my reason for doing Whole30?  One, to see if I can! Two, to see if I can kick my sugar cravings. Three, to try and get rid of my love handles (caused by sugar cravings).  Going to need your help to make it through!  Good luck to us all!

Jensdowns...I found this recipe you can try for your coffee. I suppose you could try it with vanilla powder or get a vanilla bean. I can't use any extracts anyway because I am severely allergic to ethyl alcohol. Let me know if the pic doesn't show up and I'll find the link.

wp_ss_20170723_0001.png

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Larney said:

Hey guys! I'll join your group. I'm starting on Monday, July 24. I work fulltime and have three school aged children. Thankfully I have a supportive hubby, but he is not doing Whole30 with me. I can't throw out all the snacks my kids eat so I am hoping I won't be too tempted. Ugh.  This is real life, after all!  Thanks for starting a new group.

Oh, and my reason for doing Whole30?  One, to see if I can! Two, to see if I can kick my sugar cravings. Three, to try and get rid of my love handles (caused by sugar cravings).  Going to need your help to make it through!  Good luck to us all!

Hey there - congrats on starting and finding a group to join.  As a housekeeping item, please don't copy/paste and post in multiple places as per forum rules.  You're welcome to participate in more than one group but we ask that each post is individually written for that group. Thanks

My mistake! I was looking for a group starting at the same time as me, and I saw there were 2 starting virtually the same day.  Wasn't sure which one would be more active. Thanks for the reminder about the posts.  This is all new to me!

Not sure if this is relevant to any of you but I thought I'd share...I have never been a breakfast eater so that's going to be a struggle. I took the advice in the book this morning and didn't have coffee until I ate breakfast. It worked and when I had my coffee I didn't want to have anything sweet with it like my yogurt. I had hard boiled eggs with lots of salt and vinegar. Granted it's only day two so it might not last but it worked today:)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, criden said:

Not sure if this is relevant to any of you but I thought I'd share...I have never been a breakfast eater so that's going to be a struggle. I took the advice in the book this morning and didn't have coffee until I ate breakfast. It worked and when I had my coffee I didn't want to have anything sweet with it like my yogurt. I had hard boiled eggs with lots of salt and vinegar. Granted it's only day two so it might not last but it worked today:)

Good job taking the no coffee before breakfast advice!  Try and get some veggies and fat with your eggs... maybe smush those salt and vinegar eggs with some mayo and use cucumber slices or something to scoop?  I never thought to have vinegar with a straight hardboiled egg but I'm definitely going to try it!

So it's day three and now this evening I keep having these thoughts pop up in the back of my mind of all different types of noncompliant food. Just randomly one at a time. I'm not really tempted yet but wondered what strategies any of you are using if you are having the same issue. I'm ok now but don't want to ignore it so it gets worse later. Lots of great tips in the book but want to know what has worked out is working for any of you.

Its so nice to see some more people join this group!

I know this is the whole 30 but I just can't seem to stay on the wagon

for more than a couple of days! I keep re-starting. I know for me its a process

but I really want to come through at the end of the 30 days and be able

to say, "I did it!!!"

Hey gang! How's your #whole30 working out? So far I'm going strong. I did already have a strange dream about eating a muffin haha. So far the hardest part is not having sugar in my coffee - so if that's the hardest, I'm doing good!

I do need to try a new recipe. It's been a busy week and I'm already bored with salad. Going to make something amazing with chicken tonight. Any great ideas you want to send my way?

I always use chicken thighs. Me and the kids like dark meat much better and my husband doesn't like chicken. When I do chicken thighs I rub olive oil salt and pepper on them and then broil them skin side up until the skin is brown. Then I turn the oven to 350 and move the rack down to it's normal spot (I broil the chicken on the top rack pretty close to the element) and bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes depending on how big the chicken thighs are. I always use a meat thermometer and make sure they are at 170 in the middle. It sounds like alot of steps but it's super easy. If you have a broiling pan it's much easier.

If you have chicken breast already you can use kitchen scissors to cut the meat into bite sized pieces (so much easier than a knife!) and just put them in a frying pan with whatever veggies you have. Use whatever seasoning you like and be sure to put the chicken in first. I always use salt and pepper and put it in the oil while I'm heating it before I put in the chicken. It seems to coat the meat better that way. Sorry for the novel!

• Moderators

@copywriteramy have you check out Well Fed? Lots of recipes, the vast majority of them completely Whole30 compliant. Her Best Chicken Ever is a great way to do chicken breast, although it does require some planning ahead so it won't help for tonight.

@Ruthless have you thought about why you've quit before and tried to come up with ways to avoid similar situations going forward? For instance, if it's that you get busy and don't have food prepared, you might want to prep a week's worth of food at once, or even look into batch cooking and freezing meals ahead, Or if it's that you get bored with the food or feel deprived, you might want to look for more exciting recipes that make you more excited about the food. Or if it's something else and you're not sure how to deal with it, post here -- I can almost guarantee you that somewhere on this forum someone will have gone through something similar and have ideas you may find helpful.

Archived