sore, bloated breasts

reneenee

I've been about "90%" paleo for the past 6 months and am now on day 16 of strict Whole30 and have had tender, swollen breasts for about a week - usually I only have this symptom about 5 days before my period AND only if I've been eating dairy and/or flour products. My period isn't due for another 1 1/2 weeks. I have had nice results since starting W30, except for this uncomfortable side effect. Also, I don't take BC pills. Has anyone else had this problem or have any input? Thanks in advance. :)

I developed this problem when I first moved to Singapore -- dietary changes and all. But after my first Whole 30 and mainly Whole 30/Paleo eating since then, the problem has gone away. Give it a cycle or two to see if it works itself out.

I never had this problem until I did a few whole 30s. My breasts were never even tender between ovulation and my period until then. I even had some leakage and an elevated prolactin level. They get huge (I'm normally a F so getting even bigger is not fun) and they HURT! My doctor is totally stumped. It's been at least 4 to 5 cycles like that and there's only time it was slightly better was this month when I did some major off roading. My cycles are very regular now, but the boob situation very much is not!

I feel for you and hope it gets better!

Bucket - thanks for the response. I'll try to be patient and give it some time to resolve itself.

Karen, gosh I'm sorry you're having such discomfort too! So you've had this problem for approx 4-5 months now? I can't imagine what is causing this as I have been 100% on track with Whole30. I hope we both get relief soon.

Archived