Death of the Dragon - 30 days of carnage (July 25)

emilyelowe

Day 3 & the bloat is pretty much gone this morning :) (thanks @emilyelowe for your kind concern).

Also in good/bad news, the 8 mile run planned for Tuesday did not happen due to said bloat but last night I put the best time in for that distance I've run in years - not super-fast but 1 hr 10 is a massive improvement on what I have been doing, just plodding along (it's hilly here too...). 6 miles planned for tonight and looking forward to it already...

Yesterday's meal 3 experiment with wine vinegar & juice worked well too, I added a sliced bramley apple which seemed to help :) thanks @delicacious for your help with that.

This morning with the bloating gone I actually woke up hungry so 2 eggs, spinach, brussel sprouts, mushroom, onion & green beans cooked in coconut oil :) yum!

Is it wrong that I'm already looking forward to my tea? It's chicken breast wrapped in (compliant) ham and roasted on herbs with balsamic roasted peppers, courgette, mushrooms, etc. in olive oil & garlic and lots of green veg... I'm not hungry, just greedy/enthusiastic :) 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!  Day 4

i didn't get in a good dinner, and i had a late night snack ( 2 carrots, table almond butter, apple)....i had lunch way to late, so I will be adjusting this morning.  Breakfast is all prepped.

2 HB eggs, 2 perfect sausage patties, roasted veggies.

im enjoying a cup ☕️  coffee on my front porch right now.  I have a small garden and I've been able to harvest 6 tomatoes, hot sweet chili pepper, green pepper, parsley, basil.... have a ton of tomatoes caiming and my cucumbers are looking tiny and adorable.

ciao

@FairyL0u I don't think there's anything wrong with that - particularly because that sounds DELICIOUS. I find myself feeling that way a lot during Whole30s - when I try new foods that are good, I'm just so excited to eat them!

@SugarcubeOD Saw your sunburn on Insta - ouch! So, so sorry. I hope it heals quickly.

@Delicacious When I had a cold on my last Whole30, I also read that coconut oil can help you immune system. I think I ended up putting a glob directly into a smoothie, which was both delicious and I feel like it might have sped up my recovery, but it's hard to know for sure. (I know smoothies are not recommended on W30 but it's what I used to soothe my throat during the last one when I was sick-y, so just sharing that experience). 

I had a GREAT dinner last night - I made this garlic mayo dip and had it with (new) grilled chicken, carrots in coconut oil, okra, and these potato wedges with white potatoes instead of sweet (which I dipped in marinara and the garlic dip and ate by themselves). I felt SO satisfied and happy.

I've been waking up with headaches that seem to pass quickly until this morning when it is much worse and lasting much longer. It was happening before this Whole30 as well, so I originally thought it was the dairy I was having but this morning it seems like it's getting worse. I'm not sure if it's part of the Whole30 Hangover, my weird sleep schedule (had a friend at my house until waaayyy past my bedtime last night), the magnesium I started taking before bed, or maybe my pillow screwing up my neck and shoulders. I'm getting a massage today and going to the chiropractor tomorrow so hopefully that will help with anything associated with the latter. BMs have also been weird/almost non-existent so really hoping that will work itself out here soon. I also haven't gotten to the gym yet this week because of being so busy, so looking forward to getting in hopefully tomorrow. Because this week didn't go as planned, I've ended up basically having two weeks off, though, so it is going to be a rough one, ugh.

Day 3 for me. I remembered what @SugarcubeOD suggested yesterday so breakfast was a little bigger today - 3 eggs, sweet potatoes, okra, peppers, and half an avocado. Lunch will be grilled chicken, mayo, carrots, and broccoli fritter. For dinner hubby and I are planning to roast zucchini, yellow squash, and onion on the grill with burgers and the potato wedges and noodle buns I prepped Tuesday. That seems like a lot of carbs, but I really like carbs at night before a workout, so hoping it will be OK. Not sure if I will have mayo or avocado on my burger yet for fat. I might drizzle some dressing on the veggies too. Not sure exactly, but I do know that I'm salivating already. :) 

@emilyelowe I'll look into the coconut oil tomorrow morning. Got home late and just want to sleep. Throat is itchy and raspy, and coughs are in spasms. This too will past.

Day 2 night... I'm having these weird cramp like feelings in my tummy this evening (yesterday afternoon too). Feels kinda like Braxton hicks heh. Not sure why though. Part of the detox process? Anyone else experiences this? 

@Delicacious I don't know what Braxton Hicks feel like, but I have had the experience of getting terrible cramps that seem to come and go in the past. It usually led to bloating as well. I'm not EXACTLY sure what caused it but I usually attributed it to either a sudden influx of green, leafy vegetables (salad, brussel sprouts, cabbage) or too many FODMAPs (sweet potatoes, bananas, peppers). Everyone has their own sensitivities, though. My husband sometimes has trouble processing the sudden influx of fats.

@emilyelowe & @SugarcubeOD, you guys inspired me to make a list of goals... so I hope you don't mind getting to know me pretty well too! ;)

1. stop HURTING - I'm 25, and I hurt all over. My hips, back, neck, hands, feet... It has gotten better since doing my first whole30, but it all came back pretty much as soon as we started our road trip. 

2. feel better in my body - I know I'm overweight, but honestly I'm more concerned about how I feel. I don't own a scale, and I'm fine with that. Right now I feel bloated and weighed down all the time. I'm ready to be happy in my skin, and I saw a glimpse of that with my first round.

3. more energy! - I had soooo much more energy & motivation (which really was a testament to my mental status) starting about two weeks into my first round. I'm ready to feel like that again and have it stick!

4. mental/emotional stability - I was diagnosed with postpartum depression at 6 months postpartum because my daughter and I were getting NO sleep, and I ended up in counseling and have realized that I have probably dealt with depression/anxiety type stuff most of my life. When I did my first round though, I was so much happier and stable, really for the first time in my life. It was amazing. I'm ready for that to be my everyday norm.

5. FREEDOM - We just relocated to GA where our families live, and I know part of our experience here needs to involve me resolving internal conflicts that I have with my family. I know that God has called me to live differently from them, and a small part of that is how I eat and care for my body. I think this is the first step to show that I am setting myself apart from them, that I am going to raise my daughter differently, that I still love them even if I do things differently than they did. 

6. other things - better digestion, no more restless legs, no more headaches, improved sinus issues

Ok halfway thru day 2 and feeling in control - which is something I was totally not feeling just a few short days ago. Walked 3 miles this morning and my joints are starting to loosen up again... they were so sore and stiff again due to the gluten and sugar no doubt. 

@SugarcubeOD I too survived skin cancer (melanoma in early stage removed from my back 3 years ago). Of course I am from the "the sun is good for you, stay in it all day and use baby oil" generation, but all kidding aside it is so important to protect your skin.  Having had melanoma and breast cancer and always looking for a way to give back I try to push the importance of skin protection and regular mammograms!

@Delicacious I know those cramps you are explaining and I have gotten them too. Braxton Hicks is a perfect way to describe them, I always called them the grippers. I think it might be from the the increased fiber (at least in my case the first thing I do on whole 30 is ramp up those veggies). 

@emilyelowe Loving your menu and it is inspiring me to think outside of the box this whole 30 I am such a self proclaimed creature of habit.

Have a great day Everyone!!

@emilyelowe and @Susabella627, I sure hope those cramps go off. I did have some romaine lettuce last evening, and the crampy feelings started soon after, so it might be that. I have never had that much veggies with my meal. I'm supposing the body will eventually adapt? *fingers crossed* Grippers sounds just about right as well! 

Day 3 morning for me. Slept poorly last night - kept being waken up by terrible coughs. Kid is down with a fever. :( Taking the afternoon off from work to rest and care for the sick child. Energy levels are low, probably because of poor sleep. I took a vitamin C supplement (compliant ingredients yay!) Baked up some smoked salmon egg muffins - I now know I should always prepare more food. Whatever I prepped came up to 6 muffins. Hardly enough for storage. Anyway, salmon egg muffins for breakfast, with zucchini sweet potato hash from Day 1's prep. Tossed in some almonds for the fat portion. 

Lunch today will be coconut lemon grass chicken curry. It smells delicious and I'm already looking forward to lunch. It must be night for most of you already so have a good rest everyone!

55 minutes ago, Delicacious said:

@emilyelowe and @Susabella627, I sure hope those cramps go off. I did have some romaine lettuce last evening, and the crampy feelings started soon after, so it might be that. I have never had that much veggies with my meal. I'm supposing the body will eventually adapt? *fingers crossed* Grippers sounds just about right as well! 

Day 3 morning for me. Slept poorly last night - kept being waken up by terrible coughs. Kid is down with a fever. :( Taking the afternoon off from work to rest and care for the sick child. Energy levels are low, probably because of poor sleep. I took a vitamin C supplement (compliant ingredients yay!) Baked up some smoked salmon egg muffins - I now know I should always prepare more food. Whatever I prepped came up to 6 muffins. Hardly enough for storage. Anyway, salmon egg muffins for breakfast, with zucchini sweet potato hash from Day 1's prep. Tossed in some almonds for the fat portion. 

Lunch today will be coconut lemon grass chicken curry. It smells delicious and I'm already looking forward to lunch. It must be night for most of you already so have a good rest everyone!

Goodness @Delicacious, that's exhausting! Hope the little one breaks the fever and youre able to get some down time to rest.  Its funny how you can prep and prep....and you can go through the frood so quickly.  I have reserved my Sundays for a full day prep. Takes me all day and being organized with my shopping lists.  

Today i I had energy, my mind was clear and I cleaned every inch of my house and tackled some paperwork! 

AND...the pain is my right knee is GONE!  I know it's related to inflammation...aka sugars. It feels great.  I will resume riding my bike around my lake. Yea!!!  I closed down my kitchen at 7:30!   No evening snack....a habit I have picked up.  Time to let it go.

i am feeling bloated in my tummy area, but don't feel swollen.  Anxious to move through that stage in gut healing.

thank t everyone for sharing your days and struggles and success!!! 

Hi everyone!  @emilyelowe, thank you for asking me to join the group.  I'm fun, I swear!

My husband and I are on day 4 and I honestly feel like I am doing something wrong.  The food I've made so far has been compliant (I am doing all the cooking because my husband is a lot of things but a good cook is not one of them) and I am feeding us according to the template (save tonight's dinner which was complaint chicken piccata (almond flour is my new best friend) and butternut squash soup but that's it).  But, and I feel like a jerk for saying this, but it doesn't seem as hard as I thought and I am wondering if it should feel harder?  Like more of a sacrifice somehow?

My biggest goal was to kick a nasty fast food habit I had gotten myself into.  I was eating it WAY too much because it was close to work, inexpensive, etc.  And the kicker is that I really love to cook!  But I was caught in a rut and a friend who is a caterer told me about the Whole 30 and I tried to start us several times throughout the spring to no avail.  We had a big move (from Knoxville, TN to Norfolk, TN) which just happened on July 1 we just said, that's it! We're doing it even IF we don't know where the pots and pans are.  So we started W30 on July 24.  Yada yada yada.  My point is that everything I've made this week has been delicious.  Most of the recipes I've made have resulted in some leftovers which I've switched up for different meals (bonus) and it's all going well.  Which just has me worried.  I am one of those...I worry.  When things are bad, I worry about how to get them good again and when things are good, I worry why they aren't bad!  

I had a sugar dragon attack today which I was able to easily fight off and I have weaned myself off snacking over the course of these four days which was hard.  I don't miss the fast food or the soda (which was as much of a draw as the burgers and fries) but I am eating a lot of fruit with my meals just because I love it.  We just bought our third watermelon of the week tonight (and I've made many, "I carried a watermelon?" jokes from Dirty Dancing to throw it back to one of the earliest posts in this forum).  

I modeled my first week after the pre-programmed first week in the book (this is my first go at this).  I modified it pretty extensively, though, just because not all of it appealed to me.  I am less prepared for the end of the week than I was for the beginning but tomorrow I am going to plan/shop for the weekend and I want to spruce it up.  @SugarcubeOD, I am going to try that ceviche because I love fish and shrimp and all things seafood.  One other thing I am nervous about: I leave for a four day work trip on Sunday night and I will be staying with a client who knows I am doing this but still...I don't want to be a burden.  I am also worried about David falling off the wagon because I won't be here to help.  

Basically just feeling stuck in my head about all this so I guess I just feel like I wanted to put that out there and see what you guys thought (and to get out of my head).  Thank you for listening!!  I know it's not specific to menus, etc, but it's so helpful to get this off my chest.  And I swear my next post will be shorter and funnier.

34 minutes ago, jephrystanley said:

Hi everyone!  @emilyelowe, thank you for asking me to join the group.  I'm fun, I swear!

My husband and I are on day 4 and I honestly feel like I am doing something wrong.  The food I've made so far has been compliant (I am doing all the cooking because my husband is a lot of things but a good cook is not one of them) and I am feeding us according to the template (save tonight's dinner which was complaint chicken piccata (almond flour is my new best friend) and butternut squash soup but that's it).  But, and I feel like a jerk for saying this, but it doesn't seem as hard as I thought and I am wondering if it should feel harder?  Like more of a sacrifice somehow?

My biggest goal was to kick a nasty fast food habit I had gotten myself into.  I was eating it WAY too much because it was close to work, inexpensive, etc.  And the kicker is that I really love to cook!  But I was caught in a rut and a friend who is a caterer told me about the Whole 30 and I tried to start us several times throughout the spring to no avail.  We had a big move (from Knoxville, TN to Norfolk, TN) which just happened on July 1 we just said, that's it! We're doing it even IF we don't know where the pots and pans are.  So we started W30 on July 24.  Yada yada yada.  My point is that everything I've made this week has been delicious.  Most of the recipes I've made have resulted in some leftovers which I've switched up for different meals (bonus) and it's all going well.  Which just has me worried.  I am one of those...I worry.  When things are bad, I worry about how to get them good again and when things are good, I worry why they aren't bad!  

I had a sugar dragon attack today which I was able to easily fight off and I have weaned myself off snacking over the course of these four days which was hard.  I don't miss the fast food or the soda (which was as much of a draw as the burgers and fries) but I am eating a lot of fruit with my meals just because I love it.  We just bought our third watermelon of the week tonight (and I've made many, "I carried a watermelon?" jokes from Dirty Dancing to throw it back to one of the earliest posts in this forum).  

I modeled my first week after the pre-programmed first week in the book (this is my first go at this).  I modified it pretty extensively, though, just because not all of it appealed to me.  I am less prepared for the end of the week than I was for the beginning but tomorrow I am going to plan/shop for the weekend and I want to spruce it up.  @SugarcubeOD, I am going to try that ceviche because I love fish and shrimp and all things seafood.  One other thing I am nervous about: I leave for a four day work trip on Sunday night and I will be staying with a client who knows I am doing this but still...I don't want to be a burden.  I am also worried about David falling off the wagon because I won't be here to help.  

Basically just feeling stuck in my head about all this so I guess I just feel like I wanted to put that out there and see what you guys thought (and to get out of my head).  Thank you for listening!!  I know it's not specific to menus, etc, but it's so helpful to get this off my chest.  And I swear my next post will be shorter and funnier.

Hello @jephrystanley, welcome to the awesome group! I'm doing this with my husband too, and I'm also doing all the cooking (I love to cook and bake). It's great that it's going well for you. I was also anticipating worse effects, but so far other than bloatedness and some cramps, it's not too bad. I don't have that much of a sugar dragon to fight, but I am trying to be conscious about the amount of fruit I'm eating. I read (somewhere) that if we have sugar dragons, we might not want to make fruit the replacement for that because psychologically we're still feeding the sugar dragon? (my paraphrase). So I'm eating fruit, but not too much. Anyway, the meal plan says occasionally add a serving of fruit (palm size) so I guess we don't need that much fruit.

I just finished the awesome lemongrass chicken curry. I shall find time to blog about the recipe this weekend! 

@Mooie Yes. The food just disappears. Protein especially. I need to use the next two days for meal preps. I'm now wondering if my fridge has enough space! I've two kids and two other adults in the house that's not on whole30, so there are still other items in the fridge. And it's awesome that your pain in the knee is gone! 

@Delicacious That's a great point about the fruit...I'd read that but your paraphrasing of it is helpful. Maybe I should cut it down for a few days and see how I do. 

It's funny you should mention cramps. My fingers were cramping today (never happens) and I didn't even think of it being a result of all this. Is that common?

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, jephrystanley said:

It doesn't have to be hard... don't wish bad symptoms on yourself!  The key to feeling as good as you can in the first week or so is eating to the template so if you've been doing that, then that's probably why you feel okay... also, for someone that likes to cook and is good at it, this is fun!  I remember my first Whole30 - it was hard in that I had to think about food more, but you're eating such good food and once you make a commitment to yourself that your health is worth more than a cookie/ice cream/glass of wine, 30 days is nothing!

Be careful with the fruit tho... it's okay to have more in the summer when it's fresh and abundant but three watermelons by two people in four days is a bit much ;)  (loved the DD quote tho!)

As far as your days away and your hubby - can you guys do some meal prep that works for both of you this Friday evening and Saturday?  He can have some items prepped in the fridge and you can hopefully take a few things with you?  Hardboiled eggs, canned tuna/salmon, burgers, crudite and ranch dressing... Will your client let you go for a bit of a grocery shop and maybe make some hardboiled eggs and a jar of mayo at their house?  I think you can do it, you both sound extremely motivated and creative enough to be able to pull off a trip!

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, jephrystanley said:

@Delicacious That's a great point about the fruit...I'd read that but your paraphrasing of it is helpful. Maybe I should cut it down for a few days and see how I do. 

It's funny you should mention cramps. My fingers were cramping today (never happens) and I didn't even think of it being a result of all this. Is that common?

Are you salting your food?  Coming from a diet of a lot of fast food, you've cut down your daily sodium consumption by a lot... but the body needs salt so make sure you're adding it; that should help the cramping!

• Moderators

Day 4 is in the bag for me... my coldsores (which I'm now referring to as the Face Invaders) have swollen up my glands and lymphnodes and it hurts like a mother... 

Tomorrow I'll spend some time doing my meal plan for next week.  I should have gone to Costco tonight but a friend and I went out to a farm outside of town and bought 30 pounds of today picked blueberries... I buy them every year so that I can freeze them and use them in my egg/arugula/blueberry breakfast salad so now I"m all stocked up for winter!

Day 5 for me.
Still, can't control my energy levels at all, I go from Hyper to Sloth at the flick of a switch.
Other than that seems all ok so far.

This will be my first weekend on the programme though, so the first big challenge.

Great to see everyone is doing so well, it keeps me inspired.

S

It is hard for me to reply to so many posts but I am reading daily and appreciate everyone's contributions.  Hope all that are sick feel better soon.

Having issues with depression.  It has nothing to do with the food.  It's related to my brain and life circumstances.  Yesterday I found out my the father of my husband (who died in Nov. 2015) died.  The news brought back so much pain.  I have come along way but I still require lots of healing.  So grateful I am on the W30.  Feeling in control of my food helps me feel better in other areas of my life.

Day 5 for me.  So far, this is my best W30 experience.  I usually go to the gym but I have decided not to go this week (not sure about next week).  I want my main focus to be on food and timing of meals.  Instead of the gym, I have been taking long walks to help my mood.

2 hours ago, Laurie said:

It is hard for me to reply to so many posts but I am reading daily and appreciate everyone's contributions.  Hope all that are sick feel better soon.

Having issues with depression.  It has nothing to do with the food.  It's related to my brain and life circumstances.  Yesterday I found out my the father of my husband (who died in Nov. 2015) died.  The news brought back so much pain.  I have come along way but I still require lots of healing.  So grateful I am on the W30.  Feeling in control of my food helps me feel better in other areas of my life.

Day 5 for me.  So far, this is my best W30 experience.  I usually go to the gym but I have decided not to go this week (not sure about next week).  I want my main focus to be on food and timing of meals.  Instead of the gym, I have been taking long walks to help my mood.

I'm so sorry to hear that @Laurie. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. 

@Susabella627 So glad you are feeling in control and better in your body! They are amazing things, these bodies. :) You too, @Mooie!

@Delicacious You are really having a rough week! You are still managing to make the most decadent looking meals, though. That is amazing! The food always looks so beautiful. I can't remember, are you doing the W30 with your family as well? I know I go through food much more slowly by myself then when I am feeding my husband/others. I would pick a few things that are really easy to cook in bulk - like your stew for example - and make a BUNCH of that. Then pick just a couple more complicated things that you don't make as much of. Maybe then the food will last longer? That is the hardest part of all this - keeping up with your food demands but also keeping it interesting. If you're also running out of space, don't forget you can freeze some things, too! I like to have freezer meals hidden away for when I'm really in a pickle. 

@jephrystanley Welcome to the group! First piece of advice - stop worrying. ;) That is not freedom - food freedom or otherwise. :) At some point in the next 30 days, something will happen and it will be hard. Be grateful that it's not right now! Also, don't feel like a burden about your trip. Would someone with allergies feel bad if they asked not to sleep with the cat? No. Would someone with celiac disease feel bad for passing on the bread? No. Would someone with skin cancer feel bad for asking for an umbrella and some sunscreen? Doesn't sound like it. You should never feel better for doing things that are good for your health and, generally, if you don't make it a big deal, the people around you won't either. I would highly recommend food prepping for both yourself and your hubby before you go - you'll manage to get by if you let good enough be good enough and remember why you started this in the first place. @SugarcubeOD had some great ideas!

Speaking of that, I'm going to need the blueberry, arugula, egg breakfast salad recipe ASAP @SugarcubeOD. ;) So, so sorry about the Face Invaders, though. Love your positive attitude. :lol:

So sorry for your loss, @Laurie! I will be praying for your healing. I'm glad you're here, too. Please let us know what we can do to help keep you accountable and looking up!

@Simon T (UK) I had more issues with energy levels in previous Whole30s than I am in this one, but I think it should even out in another week or so. Do you feel like you are following the meal template pretty well? I'm amazed at the difference I feel in the morning based on what I had at dinner. I usually include starchy veg at breakfast (because I love it) and dinner (because it gives me more energy and better gym performance in the morning) but skip them at lunch because sometimes they make me sleepy. Even playing with little tweaks like that might help you figure out how to get evened out. Also, has your caffeine intake or anything changed? Combining the removal of sugar, reduction of caffeine, and teaching your body to break down more complex foods is a real triple whammy, so no surprise if you're feeling tired. Hope it evens out soon!

Day 4 for me and performance at the gym this morning was pretty good considering I haven't been there at all in 1 week and haven't lifted in 2. Such a relief! New lifting routine + Whole30 has me motivated to put the work in and excited to see how I look and feel in 30 days! Husband had a lot of energy this morning, too, and felt really good after the gym and I couldn't help but smile, knowing that it has so much to do with the food he's putting in his body whether he knows it or not. :) 

Dinner last night was AMAZING. I am feeling a lot better like this round is less hard, too, so maybe it's just this awesome group! :D I am definitely seeing more positives than negatives so far. Didn't wake up with a headache this morning, either. 

Breakfast: Sweet potatoes, peppers, okra, 3 eggs, ranch/hot sauce.

Lunch: noodle bun, burger, zucchini/squash/onion, carrots.

Dinner: TBD.

I also randomly got a reminder from Blue Apron yesterday that I had a free week of meals available and, SHOCKING, the meals next week looked like I could probably make them compliant. And just in time for us to run out of July grocery budget! It really must be an act of God. So, we've got some new, interesting recipes built right into our weekly plan! Can't wait to get all that good stuff delivered on Tuesday!

Happy Friday, ya'll! This is when it gets hard. I don't know about you, but my brain seems to think that the weekends don't count when it comes to the choices I make. Here comes the debate team that lives inside my head. Hoping to try some new recipes and have time to cook this weekend, maybe spend some time at the pool to relax to keep my mind off it. Have a good weekend!

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Simon T (UK) said:

Day 5 for me.
Still, can't control my energy levels at all, I go from Hyper to Sloth at the flick of a switch.
Other than that seems all ok so far.

This will be my first weekend on the programme though, so the first big challenge.

Great to see everyone is doing so well, it keeps me inspired.

S

What do your meals look like? portion sizes, specific veggies, fruit, fat, protein, snacks etc... lets get this energy thing sorted for you :)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, emilyelowe said:

Speaking of that, I'm going to need the blueberry, arugula, egg breakfast salad recipe ASAP @SugarcubeOD. ;) So, so sorry about the Face Invaders, though. Love your positive attitude. :lol:

Haha... Ya, well giving them a nickname makes me less grossed out by them ;)

Okay so you take arugula and dress it with salt, olive oil and rice wine vinegar (I just do it in my bowl and toss). Top with scrambled eggs (I usually crack my eggs into the pan, let them cook for a min or so and then scribble them around so that they're not totally mixed... I like some whites and some yolks separate still).  Then a touch more rice wine vinegar and throw blueberries on top!  Someone made it recently on here and also put green beans with it, which I haven't tried yet but would be really good!

Archived