Extreme digestive distress

Hello. I fell off track at day 23. That was last Saturday, so about 10 days ago. I went on a refined carb/sugar binge that evening. HUGE mistake! For the next two days after that I had diarrhea(Sorry. Tmi, I know), nausea and bloating. What little I could eat went right threw me. I also became really dehydrated.

Fastfoward to today. I cannot eat more then 3/4 cup of food at a time without feeling like I'm about to pop. I'm lucky if I can eat 3 times a day. Water is the same way. I can't drink more then 1/2 a cup without feeling I'm overly full. So, again, I have become dehydrated. The nausea is still there too.

I did go to the Doctor today and the best answer she could give me was I sent my digestive system into shock with the junk food binge.

Has anyone had something similar happen for the same amount of time?

• Administrators

Oh, yikes! I'm sorry that happened to you. My guess is a combo of the purging effect for a couple days which would be similar to when you have the flu. Stomach is upset and aggravated so is unlikely to accept much. Are you still wanting to stay on Whole30? If so, go for bland foods. Boiled chicken, banana, applesauce, tea, sweet potato etc until your stomach is feeling better. Small sips of water and tea frequently rather than trying to suck back a whole bunch at once.

What did you eat during your "episode"? Did you go completely nutty?

Yes, I'm still wanting to stay Whole 30. When I can eat I do go with bland chicken, bland potatoes and a bland veg. 

The sad thing is I didn't even go that crazy with my binge! I had One s'more, a couple of graham crackers, some Lays potato chips, a cinnamon toast rice cake with cashew butter and a slice of pizza!

• Administrators

Hmmmm....volume-wise you didn't go too nutty............but all at once you had wheat, sugar, rice, dairy and probably soy, never mind whatever chemicals were in the cookies, marshmallows etc. That's gonna make a clean, efficient stomach pretty angry. Give yourself some time to get over that.........be nice to you. :) 

• 3 months later...

Archived