Day 8

Today is Day 8 of my Whole 30 and the first day I'm really struggling with the symptoms. My stomach has been all out of whack, I have swollen lymph nodes around my arm pit, a small rash looking area on my stomach, and felt totally out of it today. My workout was one of the worst I've had in a long time. This is my second Whole 30, and I've really been focusing on adding starches to my diet which I didn't do the first time. Breakfast is 2 eggs, avocado, and chicken sausage; lunch is pulled pork, sweet potato, and brussel sprouts; and dinner is chicken burger, kale salad, and potato hash. I also had a banana with almond butter for a pre workout snack. Are these symptoms just a result of my hormones changing and I need to push through it? I plan on skipping the workout tomorrow and taking some time off, but am looking for suggestions! Thanks!

• Moderators

Um... the swollen lymph nodes and rash are not normal symptoms of the Whole30 so if you're concerned, definitely go see your doctor.

As far as your meals, they're looking good. You could do with veggies at breakfast tho and fat at lunch and dinner...

Preworkout, avoid giving your body sugar (fruit) as it's an easy fuel source which means your body won't switch to burning body fat... go for protein and fat for preworkout... a hardboiled egg and a blop of mayo is always a good choice!

Thanks! So, maybe my post was a little dramatic. I'm super sensitive to hormonal changes and will sometimes get swollen lymph nodes in the armpit area before that time of the month. The "rash" is more of just a few red spots on my abdomen (could even be acne, I'm not sure). I'm not super concerned about it right now, just hoping my symptoms improve and was looking for suggestions or if anyone else had experienced this. Thanks for the tips!

Archived