A fresh start on July 31st

rileyspeep

21 minutes ago, pearlgirl2017 said:

Don't forget about all the workouts you've done.  A change in muscle mass and body composition won't show up on the scale.

and muscle is heavier than fat - if you've increased muscle and reduced weight, that's a double gain!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats everyone! We did it! :lol:

Some NSVs I noticed: clothes fitting better/looser, same for finger rings (although this is annoying because I JUST had my engagement ring resized twice prior to starting). Wearing less makeup as my skin has improved so much! No more 4pm slumps or energy dips and I'm sleeping so well. Less bloating/digestive discomfort. Sugar cravings have diminished. I've become a better/more adventurous cook and am more organised and well prepared.

I lost just under 8lbs, a pleasant surprise. I have no idea how this happened, because not only was I eating tons of delicious food and plenty of fat, I wasn't exercising that much.  It is interesting to me how much you can eat and still lose weight when sugar and alcohol are no longer an option. I hope I can maintain this weight.

I worried that I would be tempted to celebrate with a chocolate or dairy binge (or a combo of both, hello Frappuccinos!) but I have no desire to. There's a box of chocolates in my fridge now that I'm going to give to my team at work tomorrow because I have zero desire to eat any of them. I AM excited about the slow cooked short ribs and roasted veggies that I'll be having for dinner tonight though!

We have a work BBQ tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to relax the rules a bit and reintroduce some dairy or a grain- I haven't decided what to reintroduce first.

I had a little bit of milk in some tea last night and am trying cream in one of my coffees today. I actually felt terrible last night- bloated, gassy and uncomfortable! I don't know if it was the dairy because I also ate a lot more veggies than usual yesterday (needed to clear out the fridge) and sometimes when I overdo the fibre it does a number on my stomach. Lets see how today goes...

• Moderators

Congrats to all who finished!  For those wanting to stick together and do reintros, we would kindly ask that one of you make a thread in the Life After Whole30 section and then post the link here.  We like to keep the main boards free of off plan foods because it can get confusing for people who come along new and only start reading the last posts and there's wine and dairy and chocolate oh my! :)

Archived