A fresh start on July 31st

rileyspeep

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

Hi @pseudoscientist - sorry, but I'm almost positive that the lacroix nicola are not compliant. I say almost positive because I can't remember if we received word that they couldn't be on the Whole30 Approved products list or that they weren't compliant at all.

For anyone who is trying to kick a cola addiction, we would not at all recommend that they sub in something that "tastes just like coke". Compliant or not, that sort of subbing is not in keeping with the spirit of the Whole30. 

I'll try and find the official answer but Melissa is on vacation in Norway right now so it could take a while.

thanks.  

Hi, all! First of all, I wish you all an amazing 30 days of reset! I cannot wait to hear your success - and trust a moderator will stop by when we have questions. They were so helpful to me last time!! So thanks in advance for all the support!

Today is my Day 1 (August 1) - so I am a day behind most of you. This is my second W30. I have been eating pretty well over the last couple of months - but the RX Bars were my downfall (I know - they are compliant but I was eating them as snacks!) Already I can feel the sugar-dragon calling me to an RX Bar - with a little headache to go with it. I am going to stay strong though - and use them VERY sparingly.

Breakfast today was turkey chili (which I eat a lot!) and a sweet potato with ghee - lunch was a salad with avocado and some more turkey chili ... and I had an EPIC bar since I felt like I needed more protein - and a small bit of cantaloupe. Tomorrow I have chicken ready to go with my lunch salad. Tonight is homemade marina sauce, turkey meatballs and the rest of the morning's sweet potato and spinach or roasted veggies.

Have a great time!

2 hours ago, Ejanecek83 said:

Is anyone else too tired to eat dinner? I could just go straight to bed after work. I feel achy and sleepy. I'm glad the bad days are just in the beginning and can push through!

I went to bed early last night because I was so tired, then just tossed and turned. Tonight will probably also be an early night. I had a very busy day at work that helped me keep my mind off how tired I felt. Thank heavens I prepped some veggies on the weekend, and for easy to cook meat. 

Tonight I made us Freezer-To-Table pork chops, steamed yellow squash and a side salad with lemon oil dressing.

is it time to go to bed yet?

Day 2.. on round 2.  I'm just back to work after a few weeks on vacay and I'm bonetired.  Colleagues keep offering chocolates (theme when we come back from vacay.. bring chocolate to the office) but I'm hangin' in there :)  

I think I've done just about everything to get a rough start this time around. I took 5 days off between round 1 of W30 and this 2nd round, just because we took a 5 day roadtrip and I didn't feel like being the only one that could never just "grab" something to eat.  Those 5 days were not really worth it. PMS is tapping on my door, so I'm achy, bloated, a little foggy and totally exhausted (because of 5 days of fun with only 6 hours of sleep). I'm at work and people are almost throwing bite sized chocolates at me ..  

So.. all in all.. I'm doing good, just a slight uphill battle going on right now.

Hey ladies - I was also super tired come 5pm when I was driving back home from work (don't even get me started about Atlanta traffic!) and forced myself to do a Zumba workout.  Felt like a million bucks thereafter and made some yummy Zucchini soup for dinner coupled with a salad topped with grilled shrimp yum.

Finding alternatives for breakfast has been interesting - I so cannot take 30 days of eggs - so found myself eating cauliflower rice with goat stew and sautéed mushrooms for breakfast - weird but yummy and I bet I will be full until lunch rolls around.

Wishing us all a terrific Day 3!

Well, today is "technically" my day 2 for me but really Day 1 since I started getting my dailies this morning...ha - how confusing is that? I'm battling an awful head cold since my kiddo is in daycare, she seems to bring everything home! Hopefully, since I can't taste anything...my cravings will be at bay and I won't notice the withdrawals because I already feel so cruddy :) At work, people like to bring in so much junk....today, someone brought in baseball sugar cookies and chocolate nugget bars....again, glad I can't "taste" anything! LOL

Hope everyone else is still doing well!!

On 7/31/2017 at 2:27 PM, KristenW said:

I also started today!  This will be my first time, and my sister is doing it with me...  Looking froward to living a healthier and happier life, I think this will be a good starting point.  I think my biggest hurdle will be no more trips to Starbucks, no creamer:(   Good luck everyone!!!  Nice to have others starting today as well!

I read an article somewhere on the internet where two sisters started a Whole30 together.  One of their added rules was if one of them messed up and had to start over, they both had to start again from Day 1.  It's hard enough to tell yourself you have to start over, but to tell her see has to do it too?  There'd be a whole lotta tough love going on in my house.

My day 2 went well! Adding a prosciutto wrapped date to my breakfast of hard boiled egg and roasted sweet potatoes helped keep my hunger at bay until lunch time. For lunch I had another rotisserie chicken and butter lettuce salad, this time with Tessamae's Caesar, which I like. I cooked up a batch of nom nom Paleo's Chicken Pho broth after work in the instant pot, and snacked on some jerky while I waited for it to be done. I'll use it and the chicken I used to make it for tomorrow's dinner. Dinner was turkey meatballs and cauliflower rice in a coconut curry broth. It was really spicy and rich, which left me feeling satisfied and not reaching for any TV snacks after dinner ;) I've still been really thirsty, so I'm trying to pace myself with the water intake so as not to upset my electrolyte balance - not sure what's up with that, but could just be the August heat here in Chicago, especially since I walk to and from work. Slept terribly and had stressful dreams, but again - likely due to the heat as I woke up particularly sweaty, haha.

How's everyone else feeling today?

On 8/1/2017 at 10:12 AM, Mariama said:

Hi all - I also started yesterday.  My first Whole30.  Doing it combination with BodyBoss - I had finished the 4 week pre-training and it just so happened that the full on HIIT workouts also started the first day of my Whole30.

I made my first ever homemade mayo and cauliflower rice - both big hits.  Homemade chicken salad (with chicken grilled on the grill) the homemade mayo, apples, and celery over a bed of arugula were just YUM!

Hardest adjustment - no wine....sob!  hoping to hang in there for 30 days.

Good luck to you all.

Did you do the BodyBoss at home or at a gym?  And how did you like the pre-training?

Today (day 3) has been so much better for me.  I tried to ease myself into the Whole30 challenge by giving up my diet coke and anything processed last Thursday, hoping the weekend would help me get over the diet coke withdrawals haha.  I have been exhausted every day, barely wanting to do anything.  This morning I woke up and knew it was different, I've had so much more energy, and I can't wait to go home and do some exercise.  So happy to have finally made it past all the fatigue.

So I technically just started today.  I had planned to officially start on Monday, but hadn't gone grocery shopping or did any prep on the weekend.  So, I've had to cook at night, which really just means one meal cooked on Monday and one on Tuesday, both of which gives me enough for a few meals since it's just me.  This is technically my second round, but I didn't fully complete the one I did at the beginning of last year (made it to like day 28, then was sidetracked by an event).  So I'm back.

Archived