Carla's Whole 30 - 2 round

Carlaccini

I haven't been into the gym for a little more than a week because of my less than phenomenal sleeping for the last week. 1st week I slept so good. Constantly tired but I was sleeping well! But finally after having a better nights sleep under me I decided to drag my but to the gym this morning. Least I could do was have a cardio workout day. It felt good.

PWOM - a couple of Bora, Bora, fireballs and pineapple pieces - It was early and they were there so easy access helped on my decision on that one.

Meal 1 - Blueberry sausages with mayo & Spiced Carrot Souffle & handful of strawberries mixed with some pineapple. Did I say how much I love pineapple? Pineapple is weird for me. If I am officially off of the whole 30 meaning eating a SAD they give me mouth sores. If I am eating on plan they don't. I'm not sure if it's the sugar content or the acid that gives me that. But I just find it strange....

Meal 2 - .Last of Well Fed's Pad Thai and a couple of Bora,bora fireballs, carrots and apple

Meal 3 - Zucchini Pasta Alio Olio (sp?) & pork& salad. (Thursday night is pasta night at my in laws - I just make my own)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your food sounds so good!

Now that you mention it I also get mouth sores with pineapples. I haven't tried them while on W30, though! That's so weird. At least you can enjoy it for now!

I sent you an email for the meat quarters and coconut aminos :)

Thanks Renee! I was a bit disappointed of the blueberry sausages. I like the concept of them, sweet and savoury, but I don't particularly like the combination herbs used. I will do them again but different spice blend I think. The Carrot souffle is kinda odd initially but really, tasty. A lot of my meals come from Well Fed. I love to cook (& bake!!!)

The Zucchini noodles came out of a nessecity because of Thrusday and Sunday Pasta days. I used to love pasta. I miss the concept of it. I think it was a major contributor to my migraines.

I did get your e-mail! I will take a look at the info a little later. I am very much interested but not sure about right away.

Went to bed a little too late last night. Paying for it this AM.

Meal 1 - Blueberry sausages with ketchup and sourkraut & Spiced Carrot Souffle & handful of pineapple. Black coffee.

Meal 2 - Salad with pecans, madarins, and tuna, sunbutter thai dressing, carrots & apple.

Meal 3 - Fish with cauliflower/sweet potato mash

Day 17 and really feeling yucky today. A migraine got hold of me yesterday. I'm in semi pain, nauseous, don't feel like eating, constantly feeling hot or cold. Wait two minutes it will change again. Boo!

Finally ate breakfast at 10 am as my stomach was rumbling (good sign)

meal 1: omelete with stir fry veggies with mayo

meal 2: Bora, bora fireballs with spaghetti squash and a bit of coconut butter. Fruit (Haven't decided on what it will be yet.)

Meal 3: Roasted pork tenerloin, with cauliflower/sweet potato mash, and sauted mushrooms and crispy proscuito.

Feeling much better today. Energy levels are up. Head pain is considerably down (some lingering pain). Still didn't feel much like eating this morning. But by mid morning after my morning coffee, I am feeling better.

Meal 1 - Sausage, mushroom, kale "quiche" and a apple. Coffee with coconut cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.

Meal 2 - Salad with chicken, pecans, dried cranberries. OGish homemade salad dressing. Carrots. 10 black olives, 2 mandarin oranges

Meal 3 - Olive Chicken and Rapini.

Movie night snack - homemade kale chips! (Oh how I love these)

Feeling a lot better today. I think I need a bit more sleep but I'm doing pretty good. Had a decent workout this morning. I was able to push myself a bit more today than I normally am able to. So I'm happy about that.

PWOM - Coconut wrap, chicken, mayo, some slices of red pepper, and lettuce

Meal 1 - Meal 1 - Sausage, mushroom, kale "quiche" and a handful of blackberries & pineapple. Coffee with coconut cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.

Meal 2 - Bora bora fireballs, sunshine sauce, spaghetti squash, carrots, small apple and mandarin

Meal 3 - Filet of Sole pan fried in ghee, with lemon, garlic, & capers. Sauted Aspargus.

Feeling a little underslept. Could have handled a bit more sleep but alarm went off and it was time to go to work, so well not much of a choice. I have a feeling that I will crash tonight.

Meal 1 - Sausage, mushroom, kale "quiche" and a handful of blackberries & 1 mandarin. Coffee.

Meal 2 - Chicken, sweet potato/cauliflower mash, spaghetti squash with coconut butter. Raw carrots & red pepper. small apple

Meal 3 - Zucchini A lio olio. Veal. Small piece of homemade sausage. Salad.

I am soooo tired as I am typing this. I wanted to have a sweet potato after my work out but there wasn't any left. Just what's cut up for tonights dinner. I'm guessing that's why I'm so run down this morning. That and I've felt I've had a very rushed morning and it hasn't stopped.

PWOM - Sausage, mushroom, kale "quiche"

Meal 1 - Coconut wrap, chicken, mayo, and lettuce

Meal 2 - Salad with dried cranberries and pecans, OGish salad dressing, Tuna. Two mandarin oranges, carrots.

Meal 3 - Buffalo style chicken legs with sweet potato fries. (Yummmmm I can't wait)

Out of town again so this week is going to be definitely more difficult. Especially since there will be a lot of socializing. But I think I've got it.

Observations on day 24. Now I don't think I've lost much weight during these last 3 weeks. But I have definitely been developing more muscle! I glanced in the mirror yesterday as I was getting dressed and just happened to notice some definite muscle definition in my arms! And stomach is flatter now. And celuite on my legs is slowly disappearing. These are things that happened only partially on my first whole 30. This time I'm seeing more of these types of results. Very positive.

Here's todays menu

Meal 1 - 2 spinach, proscuito, pumpkin muffins, 1 carrot souffle, 1 small piece of pinapple. Black coffee

Meal 2 - Well Fed's Chocolate Chili (awesome), few of carrots, and an apple

Meal 3 - BBQ chicken legs, and sweet potato

I'm good with all of it. I will take any of it. I had so many terrible symptoms of things that I just didn't realize until I did this. I am so not missing them, and I don't want back - ever.

I'm carrying this whole 30 for a whole 33 - basically until my work Christmas party happens - which is Dec 13th. I'm a little nervous about it as I know it will be an interesting night. Since they keep the restaurant location under wraps, it's hard for me to plan ahead in anyway shape or form. So that is why I just decided I would end it at that point and then continue eating compliant afterwards again until Christmas Eve. So that just means I will be a slug for a day or two afterwards.

Meal 1 - 2 spinach, proscuito, pumpkin muffins, 1 carrot souffle, some pineapple and strawberries. Black coffee

Meal 2 - Salad, slivered almonds, mandarin oranges, chicken, carrots, 10 olives, 1 apple

Meal 3 - BBQ chicken legs, and sweet potato or brussel sprouts. (I haven't decided yet)

Certainly! Someone else posted this as a casserole recipe, so it can be used for a casserole or muffins. Muffins do come out a little soft though.

Chop up a few slices of proscuito (bacon could work too - sugar free proscuito is just easier to find) and fry them in a bit of coconut oil until crispy. Let it cool.

Take 2 pkgs of frozen spinach and de-thaw them (directions are on the back of the package) Sqeeze out the excess water out of them.

Take 4 eggs, 1 tin of coconut milk, and one tin of pumpkin, 1 tsp of pumpkin spice or cinnamon and mix togther. Add Spinach and proscuito. Mix together untill all is well incorporated. Devide into muffin tin. Cupcake/muffin liners are recomended to use. Bake at 375 farenheit for about 40 minutes. Last batch I could have baked a little longer. As mentioned they were a little soft.

Great to warm up and eat along with a veg in the morning.

Completely normal to have those hang ups. I've had them too! If your not keen on adding them in - then don't. Personally I'd rather have sugar in things than additives. I have found bacon free of additives - but not free of sugar. So very frustrating when you are on the whole 30. It is definitely an option for post though. Hence why I settled on proscuito. It's still expensive for what you get, but it's easily accessable (I can get it at a regular grocery store)

I'm sure you could sub some home made sausage (pork or beef + Sausage seasoning) for the bacon and still get something really tasty out of it. But there is nothing quite like bacon. Esspecially if you're told if you can have it.

Sigh - I promised I wouldn't beat myself up over this. But yesterday I went screaming off plan into a beautiful can of ice cold beer. And it tasted so good. I made it 27 days compliant. I was just 3 days short! Sigh. Okay I own this....

It just surprises me though. Of all the things to go off plan on - not chocolate, not ice cream, not cheese cake, but beer. Anyone who knows me knows that on average I don't like drinking. It's because I get tipsy very fast and my face get flushed. But I usually feel less than stellar after a beverage. This morning - feeling a little bloated, not terrible. But we will see what the next few days of compliant eating bring.

Meal 1 - Two of my breakfast muffins + 1/2 sweet potato + handful of blackberries

Meal 2 - Spaghetti Squash + Well Fed's Chocolae Chili + apple + 10 black olives

Meal 3 - not too sure yet. Possibly fish and some veg.

Yep! I hear you Juzbo. I started a bit of other re-into this wekend. Let's just say I was in for a real surprise. My Bf and I decided to go out for lunch on Saturday. We were at a place that serves all day breakfast. I had an omelete with bacon, onions, mushrooms, green peppers. I didn't bother ask if any "extras" went in the omelete. You know some restaurants put milk or pancake batter to fluff them up. Well whatever was in that thing made me suffer all afternoon and all evening. (I have a sneaky suspision it was milk) Sharp shooting pains. Really uncomfortable. I had a bagel this morning - just testing out gluten vs dairy. Gluten is definitely more tolerable - but still unfortable - it's sitting like a lump in my stomach, and feeling tired, and almost light headed. Not a preferred reaction. But better than stabbing pains in my tummy.

Last couple of days of eating has been pretty much compliant - with the exception of yesterday evening. I was baking a Gooey Nutella Banana Bread (Holly would if she could) for work on Thursday. And I couldn't help but "trying" a bit of Nutella. It was soooo good though.

This morning was back to normal - post whole 27 meals

M1 - 2 egg,. spinach, pumpkin proscuitto muffins, leftover sauted carrot and sweet potato.

M2 - Broccoli Salad with chicken, grapes, walnuts and homemade sundried tomato mayo salad dressing + apple + 10 Olives

feeling a bit stuffed right now.

M3 - Steak and Rapini and Salad.

maybe I will have a SWYPO banana blue berry muffin. We'll see.

Archived