Starting over after 4 days!

ClayRose

So, this is the first forum I've ever joined. I'm pretty excited to think there's a village of people out there committed to the the same goal. The reason I'm here is because after 4 days, four pretty painful days (I was not prepared for the emotional aspect of this journey), I lost my strength and let my addictive voice take over. I smoked. And since I was smoking and feeling crappy about myself I drank too. I do feel that although I failed, the fact that I am going on 4 clean days has given me the energy to not give in. Yes, I am back to day one. But I have no desire to self sabotage any further. Maybe this time the positive voices of others and knowing the struggle is real for us all may help. Okay, I can do this. If anybody else out there is also quitting the cigs, let me know. 

I'm not a smoker, but I see you started on the 15th or 16th and again today on the 19th...  I don't see a group that's started today, but a bunch of people started on Monday the 17th...  You know, should you like to join in as the closest start date to your own.  Only two days off:).

Hi ClayRose! I'm starting on August 7th. I too will be quitting smoking as I begin this program. Don't be too hard on yourself as any smoker who's trying to quit knows its NOT easy! I've tried several times and always wound up going back. The smoking and having that glass of wine or ice cold beer when I've had a hard day a work are my scariest things that I have to give up, lol. I think for me that this time I've been cutting down more and more each week as I get closer to my start date so that when I start the program it won't be such a stress on me (fingers crossed). I can't wait to start the Whole30 and really want to make a difference in my life and from all the whole30ers out there I have heard nothing but positive outcomes. Keep me posted on your program and the smoking as I know you will be successful. 

Archived