Recommendations for Chicken Broth?

coffeelover

• Moderators
6 hours ago, coffeelover said:

Hello!

Does anyone have suggestions for compliant chicken broth?? I've had a hard time finding one in store.  Thanks! 

Make your own?  It's extremely easy and storebought doesn't hold a candle to it!  If you have a crock pot, an instant pot or a pot and a stove, you're golden!  Google 'whole30 bone broth' and you'll find tons of discussions and instructions but basically the gist is, get some bones (chicken in your case), some apple cider vinegar and some veggies of your choosing, cover in water and cook on low for a time... strain and voila!  It's amazing!  Obviously these are not inclusive instructions but the info is out there!

• Moderators
10 hours ago, SchrodingersCat said:

I'm really looking forward to making my own broths and freezing them for later use. Luckily I have a big chest freezer! I have found a couple compliant ones in the grocery store in a pinch, but man are they expensive...

Ya, they're insane expensive if you can find them... I bought one for my sister when she was sick because I didn't have any made and she said that the storebought ones would be fine for cooking with but are not really suitable or tasty enough to sip as a beverage on their own... 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived