Really scared to start =(

jessfxo

Hey everyone. I've wanted to do Whole30 since November last year and still haven't done it :(  The main reasons for me wanting to do it are bad digestive problems and anxiety and depression. I think its the mental health stuff that has got in the way and made me overthink this!! I've basically obsessively googled whole30/paleo since then and keep coming across dreaded low carb flu and how people went too low carb and their anxiety/depression got so much worse. So now I kind of have a phobia of going low carb incase I get all these awful symptoms (heart palps etc) and I'll freak out and not be able to deal with them. 

I've pretty much obsessively googled paleo/whole30 since November and have bought all the plans (mark sisson, rob wolf, paleo leap etc). I've probably spent a couple of hundred on all these problems and still haven't had the bottle to start any :(

I find it all extremely overwhelming. I hate fooding so my mum does it (still live with her) and she has issues with food herself and we never know what to eat so just have basic beige food because its less stressful.

I don't even know if I'm asking a question or anything here haha just thought I'd tell people where I'm at. Maybe one day eh?!

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, jessfxo said:

keep coming across dreaded low carb flu and how people went too low carb and their anxiety/depression got so much worse. So now I kind of have a phobia of going low carb incase I get all these awful symptoms (heart palps etc) and I'll freak out and not be able to deal with them. 

Okay so you don't have to get carb flu... you might end up with detox from removing sugar and processed foods but you can eat as much starchy carbs (potato, sweet potato, root veggies) as you want... the reccommendation is to start with a fist sized serving once a day, more if you're especially active, more if you're a woman on or near her period and more if you're a person prone to mood disorders (depression, anxiety).  So you definitely don't need to worry about that because you can totally control your carb intake.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 4:55 PM, jessfxo said:

Hey everyone. I've wanted to do Whole30 since November last year and still haven't done it :( 

Maybe one day eh?!

So, how's it going?  Have you and your mother decided on a day to start together?

or maybe it will be like it was for me:

- no carb flu

- got off of blood pressure medications

- changed pre-diabetic blood sugar to totally healthy/normal

- lost over 20 pounds

- feel great, enjoy food, and never felt deprived

It's worth a try...

Archived