Starting Tomorrow! (July 25th)

Kristen2977

My fiancé and I are starting the Whole 30 tomorrow.  I'm super excited about starting....he is calling it the "kill Ty diet".  How can I get him excited about it too?

Also....  Going shopping at Trader Joe's after work.  What do you all suggest?  What are your faves from there?

anyone else starting tomorrow?

25 minutes ago, Kristen2977 said:

Going shopping at Trader Joe's after work.  What do you all suggest?  What are your faves from there?

Try the salted almond butter. But be careful, it's sooooooo easy to overdo it. I had to set a boundary for myself to eat it only a couple times a week because it made my sugar dragon too happy. :)

When my husband did a round with me I simply tried to find things I knew he would enjoy eating. For him it was burgers with lettuce wraps, meatballs, roasted chicken, and plantain lasagna. He dreaded it but ended up loving the food. He went right back to his burgers and chocolate but was successful at the 30 days.

My husband reluctantly started W30 with me. I didn't fight him over his flavored Kcups of coffee because sugar isn't on the labels. Everything else non-compliant I threw away!

I made it my mission to cook new and exciting foods to keep us both interested! I've been making chicken salad with compliant mayo, trying new recipes, and asking him often for his input with meal planning so I'm not serving him "awful food" after taking away his favorite things. 

Hopefully he gets involved in that aspect of it and you can find some great new foods to try together! 

Archived