Cindy5048

Vegetarian and giving it a try

I've been a vegetarian most of my life, yes there are times I have some meat like chili, but very rarely.  I've been reading the books and am looking to give this a try, mainly for hormone balance and losing this menopause muffin top stomach that has started over the last couple years.  I've always been thin.  But I've put on quite a bit of weight over the last few years and don't feel the best that I should.  I'm trying this to learn how to eat better and give up sugars, carbs, and all the foods that are disrupting my balance.  I want to feel healthier and lose weight.  The thought of eating a piece of meat makes me ill so I'm giving the Whole 30 Veg a try.  I will eat legumes but will cut out all the veggie fake meat, grains, and bad carbs I've been eating.  Also going to try and give up wine and replace with more exercise.  I agree with many areas of this diet, except the heavy meat focus, so I'm out to prove that this can also be done for vegetarians as I love vegetables but cannot give up my organic tofu or legumes.  Looking forward to meeting any other vegetarians on here!

Hi @Cindy5048 - welcome! The Whole30 vegetarian version certainly can be done, best of eating to you! Just wanting to clarify though that your comment about going to "try and give up wine" would need to be "am going to give up wine for 30 days" as these rules don't fluctuate for anyone. I'm sure I may have misread your statement but just wanted to clarify. :) 

Bom dia

Eu sou vegetariana de nascença, estou lendo o livro whole 30 e hj estou aqui, gostaria de saber se ao eliminar esses alimentos q sempre comi ( proteína vegetal) pode afetar a minha saúde.

English translation:  Good Morning, I'm a vegetarian from birth, I'm reading the Whole30 book and I'm here, I wonder if by eliminating these foods I always ate (vegetable protein) can affect my health.

On 7/24/2017 at 3:40 PM, ladyshanny said:

Hi @Cindy5048 - welcome! The Whole30 vegetarian version certainly can be done, best of eating to you! Just wanting to clarify though that your comment about going to "try and give up wine" would need to be "am going to give up wine for 30 days" as these rules don't fluctuate for anyone. I'm sure I may have misread your statement but just wanted to clarify. :) 

My try and give up wine comment went hand in hand with the title of my post - giving it, meaning the whole plan including giving up wine, a try.  This is all new for me, first time.  Yes the goal is to give it up for 30 days and succeed but when you're new, it can be intimidating.  I am aware the rules don't fluctuate for anyone - that is certainly not the point I was trying to get across.  This is not easy for new people which is why coming here for support helps.  Sorry for my miscommunication.  If you know of any tips of how to resist the wine cravings, that would be helpful.

1 hour ago, Cindy5048 said:

My try and give up wine comment went hand in hand with the title of my post - giving it, meaning the whole plan including giving up wine, a try.  This is all new for me, first time.  Yes the goal is to give it up for 30 days and succeed but when you're new, it can be intimidating.  I am aware the rules don't fluctuate for anyone - that is certainly not the point I was trying to get across.  This is not easy for new people which is why coming here for support helps.  Sorry for my miscommunication.  If you know of any tips of how to resist the wine cravings, that would be helpful.

Got it! Just was checking! Resisting wine cravings is just like resisting any other craving you might have. First, make sure you're eating enough and properly composed meals at proper timing. Drink lots of water and then............honestly................just get past it. Distraction, power through, move on. They don't last forever, you just have to move past it. There's no secret way. ;)