Whole 30 Melbourne (Down Under) style

melbournegirl

Day 34

Pre WO a few hazelnuts (body combat)

M1 a grilled tomato, raw carrot and a sweet potato and egg dish, a bit like a savory steamed pudding

Used the different shampoo today for the second day in a row, if my scalp rash isn't worse by tomorrow morning I will try either coffee or cocoa next. I had cantaloupe yesterday and got bloated again a few hours after so I think that will have to be an occasional fruit. There is a small chance it was from arrowroot in my chicken stew but having it for lunch today will rule that out or otherwise.

Enjoying staying compliant si I can re check my reactions to some of the problem compliant foods...

M2 salad with olives and seeds and chicken stew

M3 steak, salad, avocado, cantaloupe and coconut

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 35 .... 5 weeks

Pre WO small piece of steak (6km slow jog)

M1 bone broth, sweet potato steamed dish from yesterday, black coffee ( the first in a good while)

Crampy stomach early this morning, from last nights fruit???

Pre WO some walnuts and some coconut (circuit class)

Post WO boiled egg and 3 small passion fruit

M2 beef mince stroganoff with coconut milk veggies and tomato paste, yum!

Snack nuts, cantaloupe, fig, coconut

M3 chicken curry

Snack strawberries with coconut milk after kids aths... Craving something tonight?? Or just hungry? Hmm maybe that's the coffee side effect? Anyway had a bowl of pumpkin soup with almond flakes

Day 36

Hmm feeling the effects of the coffee yesterday.. Tired and achey so slept in instead of exercising, then couldn't stop picking at nuts, fruit, coconut before breakfast. Rash is slightly inflamed too?? Really thinking of lots of non compliant food too... I will call this feeling "cravey"

M1 chicken veg stew with flaked almonds (plus the nuts,mcoconut, fried fig and nectarine)

Got both lunch and dinner out today, planning on eating before so I am not hungry and eating the least possible

M2 started off okay with two boiled eggs, ordered a side dish of beanshoots which tasted a bit sweet so may have been sugar or soy on it... Felt a bit sick afterwards.

Snacked on cashews and coconut at the movies instead of shortbread.

M3 beef stroganoff at 430pm since I didn't have a proper lunch and not wanting to eat much food out tonight. Might have a glass of wine though.

Thanks Jo. I am nearly at the end. If I have the wine tonight I will declare it whole35 and start reintro.. I only plan to introduce rice and cocoa/chocolate and a small amount of alcohol perhaps. Hoping I am strong enough to avoid sugar... Might have to make some non sweet paleo treats to get me through the Xmas season and/or introduce maple syrup.

Soooo declaring a whole35 and moving on to reintroduction. I have enjoyed a few days break from logging my food but have been compliant still for everything except the work dinner on day36. And I was pleased how well I did for that. I had the glass of wine I planned and a second half glass of a different type... Both reds so low sugar. My meal was gluten free and I passed on the ice cream and rice.... I do think there was some soy and perhaps sugar in one of the sauces, and I was not very well the day after but that could be from onion and garlic.

So, interestingly, today is day 41 and I haven't felt the need to rush out and introduce much. It took me a few days to recover from the day36 work dinner. I have had some packaged sweet potato chips and kale chips. And a bit extra fruit. Otherwise meals are mainly the same. I want to try chocolate but it feels a dangerous time of year to do that! Yesterday I decided to cook coconut muffins, the recipe called for some sugar quarter cup for four muffins. I used pure rapidura and had two muffins. Seemed to go okay, didnt trigger cravings, felt a little flat BUT this morning during a class my old neck/shoulder injury inflamed and I havent had any inflammation in the last 40 days and I have done the same class today and run yesterday as the last four weeks so I am blaming the sugar! Also had lots of wierd dreams.

Thanks for the reference to Dr Gangemi's site - it was definitely worth a read. I'm also from Melbourne and kicking off a Whole 100 shortly. Hopefully it will help deal with some adrenal/hormonal and inflammation issues. Great to see that your neck/shoulder injury calmed down - I am hoping for the same result!! Sounds like the reintroduction is going well.

Hi cpb, nice to meet you. I am in the eastern suburbs. I think the combo of the sock doc training advice and the whole9 site is a winner for a healthier longer life! Good luck on your whole100 which I presume you will start after Xmas. So wishing I didn't have the sugar now as its a pin having a sore neck/ shoulder again but hoping it settles quick and at least it is preventing me from cheating now my whole30 is finished. Keep in touch.

Archived