June 26th Start - REINTRO

nicky05

15 hours ago, Jim4884 said:

Great feedback, thanks for being guinea pigs lol.  Day 31 here, stayed compliant.  Tomorrow will be non gluten grains - going on a road trip and will have a sandwich with compliant deli meat, avocado, and rice bread whilst on the road.  Home made mayo if I get around to making it tonight.     And maybe a taco salad out somewhere tomorrow night, that does sound kind of good...

MMMMMMmmmmmmm...mayo...

Please.  Make the mayooooooooo...  :wub:

I'm so bloated. I'm thinking about going back to strict Whole30 for a week or so just to try and clean up my system again. In the last week I've put on about 5lbs (water weight, I'm assuming) which is crazy to do in 5 days! 

I have decided to be Whole on the weekdays, and if i fancy something on the weekend that won't cause me much trauma, go for it.

This was decided after yesterday's disaster. Many savory treats. Split a bag of chips three ways with two people. Popcorn before that...and no...not on the stove with good oil...

Fried chicken with the hubby.

Mm mm mm.

Other than the random nose bleed i woke up with this morning, i felt FINE! But I didn't HAVE to wake up FEELING like a train wreck to know I'd been IN one... poor body.  Lots of water today...<_<

Now that I have gotten out of the way that 'officially lost my mind' moment, back to the basics.  One thing...two at the most, if some off the beaten path food comes up...careful, prior contemplation before indulgence.

LONG term...is it WORTH it?

Can't let my guard down...I see that now.

Alright Nicky05...lifetime commitment. We are worth it.

Let's do this!

On 8/4/2017 at 11:41 AM, Let's Dooooo It! said:

Rice bread.  Hmmmm...hadn't thought about that...especially since it seems that I am okay with rice so far.  Not doing it everyday...as I wouldn't do a sandwich everyday (anymore).

Interesting...

Rice bread didn't seem to bother me at all, but neither did it knock my socks off.  2 more compliant days then I'll try dairy

Just back from vacation. Since my brother is doing a whole 90, at the house we were compliant. When we went out to eat, which was 1x a day..I tried to be as compliant as possible less some wine. Wasn't too hard, though who knows how much butter and other non compliant items are used in cooking...but that is ok. I am back home and except for Tues and Thrs evenings, I am following W30. I already feel better and I awoke before my alarm to do a morning workout, so week is off to a good start.

Though I am thinking after my birthday next month, I might do another round. We shall see ;)

11 hours ago, nicky05 said:

I am feeling a mess and going back on the Whole30 (not for 30 days, at least not planning to do it for 30 days).  We'll see how it goes! 

I hope everyone is doing well. 

Past 2 nights I have woken up in the middle of the night, like I did pre W30, so I think I too am gonna do a reset. The 2 'free' meals I had this week on Tues and last night have hit me hard. I just feel meh. So we shall see, today, tomorrow, and Sunday back to being 100% compliant and see how I feel Monday morning. First test was just now. I was told there were donuts and breakfast tacos in the breakroom. Pre W30, I would have jumped on that, and right now I just feel like that would send me crashing to the floor, lol

On 8/17/2017 at 9:42 PM, nicky05 said:

I am feeling a mess and going back on the Whole30 (not for 30 days, at least not planning to do it for 30 days).  We'll see how it goes! 

I hope everyone is doing well. 

On 8/18/2017 at 8:58 AM, miyl444 said:

Past 2 nights I have woken up in the middle of the night, like I did pre W30, so I think I too am gonna do a reset. The 2 'free' meals I had this week on Tues and last night have hit me hard. I just feel meh. So we shall see, today, tomorrow, and Sunday back to being 100% compliant and see how I feel Monday morning. First test was just now. I was told there were donuts and breakfast tacos in the breakroom. Pre W30, I would have jumped on that, and right now I just feel like that would send me crashing to the floor, lol

Just got back from a 6 day course that provides all meals, snacks...coffee and condiments. 1st 2 days...lovely! Then a trainwreck other 4. Derailed enough for a migraine on Thursday. Yeah...I must clean back up as well...

3 minutes ago, Let's Dooooo It! said:

So, miyl444, how are you feeling today?

Day and night difference!!

I am tired, but that's b/c I had to wake up super early and drive back to San Antonio from the Houston area to be at office by 8:30....but other than that, I feel good. I was compliant all weekend, and what a difference eating clean does ;)

So how is your getting back on track going?

Yesterday was great. Today...not so much.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. Compliant until next Wednesday...and that includes through the last Friday of the month bagels pastries and donuts. Last week was crazy...woke up SD...have to slay her again.

I am determined to NOT go back. Only one pound up from weigh in. By now..all and some would be back!!!(staying away from cheese probably helps)

This is definitely a life's work! But I am up to the challenge!!!

Let's do this!!!!

(Support births accountability... DEFINITELY helps) B)

Ooooooweeeee!!

I had to TALK to myself to not get a candy bar out of the vending machine. Success!

So...a coworker told me she's gearing up to do a whole. Thinks it would be best to wait until after the 4th so she can start and not have food holiday looming over her head.

I will join her. September 5th...doing a whole...

Eating cleanish up till then. Perhaps day 2 won't be a head on with a Mack truck...

My brother has finished his 'whole 90' and he really has embraced the eating. Though he is fit and uber healthy, he feels this is sustainable for him. He doesn't drink, and he is mostly vegan, but he'll eat fish from time to time. So he's gonnabe a bit more paleo/whole 30 blend, lol.

I have def adopted a better eating lifestyle and my drinking has greatly dropped. I def can tell a difference when I vere off the W30 path, but that is ok. It's only a meal here and there. I prob will do a true Whole30 each year to reset and focus on 80-20.

Since we are about to get a deluge of rain courtesy of Harvey, I am sequestering myself and getting stuff done around the house...and I will def be compliant all weekend :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived