Whole 30 Wholly Cow!

laurabean

Starting my Whole30 August 1st ( fingers crossed) and back peddling a bit. Keep reconsidering if I need to do such a big overhaul or if I can cut just somethings out. I've read all the information and I am leaning towards doing it but have a bit of doubt. I've heard several people do it over again and in my mind this is kinda like a "one and done" thing. I want to learn from it the first time and then not ever have to do it again. I'd love to find out the things that are not good to be eating and then not eat them. I just don't want to do it if I feel like I need to do it over and over again. For some reason it seems counterintuitive. Input? 

21 hours ago, laurabean said:

I've heard several people do it over again and in my mind this is kinda like a "one and done" thing. I want to learn from it the first time and then not ever have to do it again. I'd love to find out the things that are not good to be eating and then not eat them. I just don't want to do it if I feel like I need to do it over and over again. For some reason it seems counterintuitive. Input? 

Hi @laurabean! Girl, I get it. I did my first Whole30 to support my daughter while she was doing it for the first time too. That was March of this year. What an entirely positive experience, truly. I learned so much about the way to fuel my body, but also broke some really bad habits I'd had for a long time that I hadn't even been aware of. Reintroduction was also eye-opening as I found some foods I'd always eaten, like peanut butter, were a total no-go for me. I went into the experience just hoping to lose as much weight as possible, and much to my surprise, the 'experience' didn't just end after day 30. It took years to get as unhealthy as I was, and through this I'm learning that it's all such a healing process that takes time and patience. Having said that, I did lose 10 pounds during my first round, and 10 pounds since then by using what I've learned about nutrition. It's now 4 months later and I'm doing another round now, now because I HAVE to, but because Whole30 was such an amazing reset and I miss it. I never expected I'd want to do it over again at the beginning, but now I know I'll return to this again and again as a way to detox and reset to stay healthy.

It sounds like you might be going into this thinking this is a chore or some kind of punishment?  But, this can be huge learning experience for you if you keep an open mind.  I went into this looking to lose weight and eat healthier and it is so much more than that.  There were so many changes both physically, pyschologically, and emotionally.  This was an eye opening experience and I learned so much about food and myself.  Don't sell yourself short.  If you go in with the right mindset the process is much easier and you'll be that much more successful.  Good luck!!  

Archived