Dont want to drift from Whole 30

Does anyone love the way they are feeling so much that the thought of dairy and other non-compliant foods just seem unappetizing? I am liking this, and have made so many changes that I can see myself doing this long-term infact; months.

What do you guys think? I know I will have to get more creative in the kitchen and I do love my wine, but as far as food goes I am 100% okay with Whole 30'ing for a long while. I would love your input.

I totally know what you mean. I did my first W30 August of 2011. I'm on my third. I rarely stray from it even when I'm not doing one. However, I think it is a good idea to do the reintroduction phase just so you can see what you really can tolerate sometimes and maybe somethings not at all. I do like having that knowledge.

Well today's my first post W60 day (yeah I doubled it). I so agree about doing it long term. I see it as a way of life not a quick fix. I was already gluten and dairy free so they won't be coming back and there's absolutely nothing I'm desperate to try. I think grains will permanently stay off the menu (I've read too much about how they're not good for you) I may try rice just to see but I honestly don't miss it. Of course, being Scottish I may just try the odd dram :)

Seriously, I feel this is such a healthy way of eating that I don't think I'll stray very far from it.

I think it's understandable, W30 is structured and easy to follow whereas out in the big bad world you have so much choice it can be intimidating. Plus why change a good thing if you're feeling great?

I'm on my last day of W30 and plan to reintroduce diary because I miss it the most and interested in seeing how I react. My sugar dragon is pretty bad so that's something I plan to keep on top of. As for grains, legumes and alcohol I don't really miss so will probably reserve for special occasions. I don't think I'll go back to everyday grains even if I don't have an adverse reaction since I've read so much about how they can harm your body.

As great as W30 is I don't think I could cope with sticking to it 100% but see it as something I can always go back to if need be. I see the reintroduction stage as an important step in working out what foods work best for my body. If whole 30'ing indefinitely works for you and you can fit it into your lifestyle then go for it :D

I totally agree! I'm 10 days post Whole30 and have only tried a couple small bites of polenta (wasn't good so I stopped eating it). I did miss Greek yogurt but so many people on here said it caused sugar cravings so I haven't tried it. The lack of sugar cravings was the main reason I did the Whole30 in the first place.

I know on Thanksgiving I will have a piece of my grandmas apple pie (gluten and dairy) so that will be my "reintro" I sorts but I fully plan on sticking with paleo for the long haul! Why fix something that ain't broke? (Boyfriends moms quote :) )

I thought that too, but then I did (am doing) 2 back to back W30s (took 2 days off in between). I'm near the end of the second one, and realized I'm kind of depressed because I have let my social life fall by the wayside - who knew so much of it revolved around food and wine? It was just too hard and frustrating, and honestly, no fun to go out and always get a plain salad with meat that inevitably was grilled with butter or some marinade with sweetener and never have wine. I will definitely eat clean at home, but I am looking forward to getting back out with friends for lunches, coffee, book club,and if it's no fun without the wine, I will have the wine.

I Am 3 days post Whole 45 I tried 1/2 cup Greek yogurt on day 46 and felt no reaction but the dairy no longer appealed to me. I had one glass of wine and lost a nights sleep. Had another sip tonight and decided it wasn't worth it. I intend to stick to the Whole 30 unless there is something special to try. Feels too good to mess up.

I went into my (very imperfect, in retrospect) Whole30 with the idea of it being a new way of eating rather than a short- term thing. So making mistakes and falling off plan intentionally or not doesn't get to me so much because I have made big strides and continue to see improvement.

The stuff I thought I would miss the most (cheese and grains) I surprisingly don't, so I have no itch to reintroduce them. The stuff that is hardest for me to resist (sugar) is not good for me, so I'm not introducing that intentionally, either.

I drink wine but less than half of what I used to, and that was not every day to begin with, so maybe a couple of times a week now.

What I'm trying to get to is a place where all of the food I prepare at home is compliant, and I try to eat out as best I can, but don't sweat it if something shows up on my plate that is not on plan. Oh, these cashews are roasted in peanut oil? I'll try a different brand next time.

That's my comfort zone with food.

The only thing that I think I would have trouble avoiding long term is real milk lattes. Coconut lattes and black coffee just don't cut it, and I really do miss them.... Otherwise, I really like the food I eat on Whole 30. The other thing is that it's a pain to eat out, and I think in the long run I will relax when eating out instead of stressing about oils or minor additives. Full-on cheese and grain, through, I think I can manage to avoid without a problem.

Love all the input and glad to see that others are seeing this as long term.

My Take-Aways from the replies:

Dont change it if you feel good.

Reintroduction Phase is important to learn what you can/cant tolerate.

Socially difficult. I enjoy wine with friends but I can mingle with a cup of coffee too!

Thanks everyone!

Archived